ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Canonical List of American Market Potential Drift Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Canonical List of American Market Potential Drift Cars?

Last edited by bigvegan; 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM.

datsun/nissan:
    all z cars (although some only had front disc brakes)
    mazda:
    rx-8
    rx-7 (all gens)
    rx-3
    rx-2

edit: not sure if the rx-3 or 2 had 4 wheel disc brakes

Comment

Dont forget the RX7/RX8 the FC being the best choice
      also with dodge the new magnam wagon and 300C with the hemi going be some decent VIP(ie super rich) drift car

there are so many out there but you just got to look in the odd places...
      I bet that most people dont even look at the xr4TI..its a turbo 2L with RWD and there hella cheep and the blocks have huge support and there is crap out there for them..you just got to look...so keep youreyes out in all the odd places

Comment

80s era volvos. sweedish brick.

oh ya rwd, a lot of turbo models with 5 speeds, and enough suspension and engine aftermarket out there.

Comment

old school dodge dayton turbo from teh 80's
          what about the GMC and chevrolet typhoon and cyclones supercharged V6=badass

Comment

Corvette - All models since 1964 have had 4 wheel discs, RWD, and all but 1982 had manual transmission as an option. (If I'm ever super-rich, I'm going to set up a '67 Stingray Big Block drift car so I can upset the ricers and the collectors at the same time).
            Too expensive, if this is your first Drift car good luck and hope your wallet is fat.

Camaro/Firebird - I know disc brakes were available on the 88 IROC models, and then antilock disc brakes were standard as of '93.
            There are a couple guys on here that have them. Check with them for the pro's and con's.

Ford Mustang - '93 Cobras and all '94 and later models had disc brakes on all 4 wheels. All models have been RWD and manual trans (as far as I know)
            Good idea but would be better to go earlier. Lighter bodies, huge aftermarket and cheap.

Viper
            Um, no comment. Waste of money on a first Drift car.

Mercedes/Audi/BMW/VW - I'll let someone else fill this out, German cars seem like a ridiculous waste of money to me, as they're not that reliable, and generic replacement parts are overpriced.
            If you think that then the Viper is WAY out of your price range. Also they are just as reliable as anything else.

not sure if the rx-3 or 2 had 4 wheel disc brakes
            No they didn't have disc brakes, matter of fact rear disc brakes first showed up when the 13b did in 1984 on the RX7. It also got an LSD as well. That is the Special Edition.

I bet that most people dont even look at the xr4TI
            Not a bad idea but the electronics on that car are horrid. Plus, you can do a 5.0 conversion on them but its labor intensive and from what I understand, a pain. The blocks are supported since they are a pinto block but the rest of the car is not. Hard to find parts for. Can't just go to Autozone and grab them.
            old school dodge dayton turbo from teh 80's
            FWD. Nuff said.
            what about the GMC and chevrolet typhoon and cyclones supercharged V6=badass
            Well since they were AWD that might pose a little problem for a first Drift car, what might cause another is the price and availability. They are super rare and super expensive.

Just get a 240, learn, then go get something out of the ordinary.
            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 10-31-2004, 03:57 PM.

Comment

what about the nsx? did they make em in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                what about the nsx? did they make em in the states?
                they made them in the states, but they are fairly rare and hardly within any drifters budget.

Comment

Working...
                X