Chicago drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago drifting?

Anyone know if there is any area around here that holds drift practices? I'm 25 and the whole "not getting caugh by the man cuz I do it on the street" thing is old and lame for me. A ticket costs more in money and time than a day at the track. That being said, I hope I won't have to join SCCA, and become a cone slaying tool at an autocross event just to get some practice.

a local "scene" as most pople like to put it does exhist. As for events, ClubFr is the local orginization that has succeded in putting events on in the area; sadly as the winter draws near, the size of our community becomes apparent. And most would rather store their cars and change a few things. So the next local event wont be happening any time soon, but u should expect them to come back around Apirl or May. So far we have found a few venues in the area, and one amazing track a few hours away that will be revealed when the time comes. Lol actualy the autocross community sometimes has events late in to the year, that would be your best bet for gettin rid of some of that crazy driving axenity. And conedogeing is a great way of gettin used to the limits of your car, as many times as u can run though somehting in your head, makeing a car lose contol will alwasy be a werid and disturbing feeling. So its best to get accustomed before u try to seriousely drift. I say hit up a few auto-x's and early enough next year the events will be here.
    Madmaxs13 is settin up a Drifting.com meet later on this month, that would be a good way to get familiar with people with similar intrestes. http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=9227
    Last edited by Reckless Hero; 11-01-2004, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Ah, I forgot about Clubfr. Dave rules! Any suggestions about SCCA? I.E. local chapters, or should I just hit up their web site?

Comment

yeah hit up scca, but find smaller community or car based clubs. Like Salt Creek Sprots Car Club or Joilet Sports Car Club. They often have a lot of events with a smaller turnout so they are great to go to because of the avalibity to get more seat time, and alot of car make clubs normally dont mind if they have a few visitors like, windy city miata club and the local Z and Mg clubs. If u really do some investigating there is bound to be some thing happeing, and druing the summer there is at least one club autocross every weekend. The hard part is just finding out, since some clubs are run by some "old school" guys that havent even touch a computer out side thier ecu lol if their car even has one
        Last edited by Reckless Hero; 11-01-2004, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X