Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N E SoCali CREWS???

Looking 4 a crew
    Sup peps, Name is Jr and I'm looking 4 a crew. New to da game but willing to learn if anyone will put up with a noob until I get my moves down. My ride is a 1999 mustang:

Not looking to rain on any ones paridek, but juz looking for peps that are alot better then I. This is the only way I will be able to fine tune my own skillz (if any).

yea there are crews in south bay like mine but its pritty much all of my friends and jdm cars. how is drifting in a stang?

Comment

Well to me. It's a lil different and I have to say hard. I'm a drag racer by first choice. But I have done that for a while now and I'm looking for a new challange. Drifting is a more driver involved motorsport.

The only big problem I'm having is the amount of power that my car puts out. It's makeing about 445HP and 440TQ, so it's not the easiest. This is the reason why I'm looking for a crew, to kick back wit and learn what I can. My drag racing friends can only tell me know to go down the trip strighter!!!!

Comment

lol well drifting is alot harder than drag racing. what part of so cal r u from? i personally dont know much about american cars so sorry i'm no help there. but just go out and practice. have fun with it. i learned by going to touge and in parking lots. i'm not sure what kind of suspension u r running but it is by far the most important thing in drifting.

Comment

Find a way to modify your steering angle... you can't get much in a stock stang. At full lock your wheels only get 25-35deg max. An unmodded S13 can get at least 45 deg. Good luck and have fun with it. I would suggest going to one of the MANY so cal events that are going on. Check out www.driftday.com, we just had our last scheduled drift day this year (Drift Day 20) and I don't think there will be another one 'till next year. But there are a few more organizations you can go to for events. Drift Days have instructors that will be happy to help you take the dive into drifting. Just bring plenty of tires!

Comment

Originally posted by drift180sx
            lol well drifting is alot harder than drag racing. what part of so cal r u from? i personally dont know much about american cars so sorry i'm no help there. but just go out and practice. have fun with it. i learned by going to touge and in parking lots. i'm not sure what kind of suspension u r running but it is by far the most important thing in drifting.
            I'm from So. Cali Pasadena area. I'm running the Roush Stage 2 supension kits which is sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs and shocks. If you gots a spot and welling to have someone practice with you let me know. I don't mean to rain on anyones paraide I just want to learn. What type of parking lots did you use or go to???

Comment

Originally posted by SOCALIROUSH
              I'm from So. Cali Pasadena area. I'm running the Roush Stage 2 supension kits which is sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs and shocks. If you gots a spot and welling to have someone practice with you let me know. I don't mean to rain on anyones paraide I just want to learn. What type of parking lots did you use or go to???
              Whats with raining on someone's parade?? God you've said that how many times now?? Stop reposting this. This is the last time, I'll see this thread being new. If you wanna find people drive around and stay off the net. Go to events and learn.

Comment

How about some constructive criticism instead?

If I was looking for some people to drive with or some events to go to, I would go to Google.com and search for a car club in my area, or go to the local speed shop and ask the guys there. You might be suprised what you find. Also, SOCALIROUSH, can the attitude, it usually doesn't go over well with many of the more knowledgable people on this site, and in the end, might be to your disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                X