X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMP MY RIDE nissan project ... blah!

here's before:

and after...

...absolutely tasteless!! I'd rather have the primer'd version!!
    Last edited by Coiloverkid; 12-09-2004, 03:40 PM.

looked 100x better before. you would never ever catch me driving around in that crap.

Comment

whos the owner of that car?

Comment

wow, simply terrible. I agree - the original was far better. That hoog scoop made me puke, and the paintjob is equally disgusting.

kinda makes me feel better that it was an auto, and not a standard.

Comment

OMG, how can you say the old version was better?

It was falling apart, he could have killed someone with the different pieces flopping around!!!!

Maybe the paint is as crappy as the in game designs, but seriously, it was a dozen different colors before, its actually clean now, and the kid likes it. and guess what, its his car.

Sure, we see a busted a** car and think its cool because its RWD and that's all a drifter needs, but it doesn't hurt to have a car that doens't look like used up drifter (ie. dents, different colors, and nasty to average onlooker)

IMO though.

Comment

I didn't get to see the episode, did they mention drifting in the episode?

Has anyone ever see the 'Pimp My Ride' cars on the streets before? They all seem to be from the orange county area.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis
              I didn't get to see the episode, did they mention drifting in the episode?

Has anyone ever see the 'Pimp My Ride' cars on the streets before? They all seem to be from the orange county area.
              you know why right? lol, just playin.

i don't remember them saying any, but that was the first half that i saw.

Comment

The primer version + a coat of krylon flat black. Could have saved himself a lot of nasty comments from the people with taste.

70 bucks of krylon to make it look sexy. Or, 20,000 of useless junk to make it look fugly. You decide.

:edit:
                why must they change the primered version's bodykit? The old front bumper looked nice. (the 1/4panels and back bumper looked sorta odd though)

Comment

yea vervius..you obviously do not drift then...any one who is a drift enthusiast will know what i'm talking about...and since this is a drift enthusiast forum, you don't belong here...the before picture is way cooler than that piece of crap, vielside looking, nasty red rims with no offset, raised up so high it looks like an AWD 240, and a hood that could transfer as airscoop for a f14 fighter jet.....the before picture had a nice style to it (sleepy eyes, aero fenders, body kit)...didn't look great to the "average" onlooker but had alot of character...

Comment

Originally posted by WeirdOddity
                    The primer version + a coat of krylon flat black. Could have saved himself a lot of nasty comments from the people with taste.

70 bucks of krylon to make it look sexy. Or, 20,000 of useless junk to make it look fugly. You decide.

sell the "useless" stuff by parts if you must, buy whatever you feel like getting if you really don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickStyle
                      yea vervius..you obviously do not drift then...any one who is a drift enthusiast will know what i'm talking about...and since this is a drift enthusiast forum, you don't belong here...the before picture is way cooler than that piece of crap, vielside looking, nasty red rims with no offset, raised up so high it looks like an AWD 240, and a hood that could transfer as airscoop for a f14 fighter jet.....the before picture had a nice style to it (sleepy eyes, aero fenders, body kit)...didn't look great to the "average" onlooker but had alot of character...
                      LOL
                      you obviously know more than me.
                      and i've never been in a car before, we only have tractors here in wisconsin.
                      and i thought all 240s were AWD. oops!
                      and i forgot, from senseless hours spent reading on a forum that a pieced together car makes someone a drifter.

phew, i'm sorry, i'll leave this forum alone from now on!

Comment

sell the "useless" stuff by parts if you must, buy whatever you feel like getting if you really don't like it.
                        good point.

Look carefully at the green 240. The wheels seem to flare inward (camber) instead of the cut-spring outward look. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by WeirdOddity
                          good point.

Look carefully at the green 240. The wheels seem to flare inward (camber) instead of the cut-spring outward look. Why is that?
                          good observation. but i don't know anything, you'll have to ask QuickStyle.

hehe, but thanks for understanding Weirdoddity

Comment

...He already had suspension on the car before; they didnt change it. It just shows more with the new wheels.

Comment

The only reason why the wheels flare inward that i could think up of now is that the car was raised. (mebbe for his ginormous rimzzz) After all, you get the outward-flare (is this negative or positive camber?) when the car is lowered, so wouldn't the opposite happen if you raised the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X