No announcement yet.

Crazy RX-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahhahahaha!! the picture that kairles post was from japan auto saloon!!

Comment

Just an update on that Grand Am RX8 I posted. The car is now finished and on track carrying on the finest rotary tradition.....

THROWING FLAMES!

Comment

Think that it has a fair chance at winning?

Comment

Well, I don't really think so. The Racer's Group will have 4 of their defending champion 911GT3's on hand and the infamous Team Flying Lizard (only team to dethrone Alex Job Racing in ALMS last year) will also be contending.

Couple that to Pontiac's factory backed GTO effort in GT and it looks like a little more than the Goldin Bros. in house effort (no Mazda support) can tackle. However, the car was pretty fast and is already a fan favorite. I think it'll do better when the season moves to more technical tracks like Mid-Ohio.

Comment

That car is rad, I might come up there to see it and listen to that 20b this summer. I start going to college in july or august one and I will be at Northern kentucky university, so it wont be that bad of a drive. Can not wait to see it.

Comment

Trust me, Mid-Ohio will be worth it. It's one of America's best road courses and you'd be getting an incredible race.

The best places to watch are either going into the Esses - a sharp rising 90degree right going into an off camber cresting decreasing radius left into a downsloped short straight that ends in an uphill blind crest 90 right, and all of this starts at the end of a long long kinked straightaway! - or at the Carousel. Here's a track map to give you an idea as to what you'd be in store for as well as pics of the Esses and Carousel.

Carousel

And here's the Esses.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                Well, I don't really think so. The Racer's Group will have 4 of their defending champion 911GT3's on hand and the infamous Team Flying Lizard (only team to dethrone Alex Job Racing in ALMS last year) will also be contending.

Couple that to Pontiac's factory backed GTO effort in GT and it looks like a little more than the Goldin Bros. in house effort (no Mazda support) can tackle. However, the car was pretty fast and is already a fan favorite. I think it'll do better when the season moves to more technical tracks like Mid-Ohio.
                It's good to see rotary power back out there. Btw did you see the when one of the PTG Bimmers pulled up to lap the GTO, then the GTO outcornered it and acutally outran it on the straightaway. It was a beautiful thing I wonder if those GTO's are stock-based like the Grand Am cars, or are they closer to the Speed GT cars in terms of modification (aka moved suspension mounting points, different engine block than stock, etc.)

Comment

Well, the Pontiac GTO's in Grand Am are what's called a "Prep 2" car.

"Prep 2" cars are semi-tube chassis designs (much like GT300 classified cars in the JGTC or like DTM cars) based upon less competitive but more marketable body types in order to lure in more manufacturer interest. The rules for each body type are VERY specific and some cars are simply not allowed to be built as Prep 2 cars, but are run as more modified, but more tightly restricted Prep 1's.

For example, the GT bog standard - the Porsche 911GT3R - is a typical Prep 1 car. To keep the costs down, reliability (and car longetivity) up, and to keep the GT class from becoming a Porsche benefit vis a vis ALMS - the 911GT3R's must run sealed Porsche Supercup (the one make Porsche racing series) engines, use Supercup brake rules, and cannot move the fuel cell from its stock location. However, if you run a Supercup car, you're allowed to run Brembo front brake calipers and less weight.

Prep 2 cars aren't going to run away from the field either. Even though they're a semi-tube chassis class that even allows FWD cars to convert to RWD, the suspension rules are strict as hell. Take a look.

http://www.grandamerican.com/CONTENT...0GT%209-14.pdf

It's especially interesting to read the car specific rules packages. For instance, Acura NSX's are only Prep 1 legal, but are allowed a Hewland transaxle, 2500lb minimum weight (as opposed to 2700 for the 911), and are allowed rev limiters up to 8400rpm.

However, the Prep 2 GTO's (which so far have been the posterchild of Prep 2) are only allowed STOCK Chevy LS6 engines and five speed gearboxes and have to weigh 2700lbs.

It's all very interesting and as the season goes on will make for exciting and balanced racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickz
                    I think this is kool!! But, I didn't make it!

a chop of the mazdaspeed rx8... they made it ugly! why?>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

it looks nice except those gross rims.

Comment

fgfgfgfgfdg
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stickz

WTF, "pray to god of bomex I hope your speed over the rival"

Comment

Fresh Off the presses!

ABFlug RX8!!

Damn that shiz is ugly

Comment

Here is our SE3P

Comment

Never thought much of RX-8s untill I saw these pictures...

Comment

Working...
                                X