Drift 3000GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift 3000GT

This Mitsubishi 3000GT is not mine it is one of my friends but all of the work on it was done by me and him ( except for a little wiring ) and i would like your comments on it... here is a list of mods:
    1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL , Complete VR4 Conversion ( Twin Turbo engine , AWD conversion and every VR4 suspention parts , Tein Lowering Springs )

and for body work ill let the pics speak for them selves:

Looks nice are those custom rear diffusers or did you buy them somewhere? Overall looks like a great car.

Comment

One of my school teacher custom made the rear diffuser it<s made out of CarbonFiber

Comment

that is so nice, good job with it

Comment

what makes it a drift car?

Comment

How did you make the flares on the fenders and the quarter panels?

Comment

well AWDtoyota the fender flares we started with some low expannding spray foam , we sprayed all the side of the fenders and we cut it and sanded it to put it to shape , then we covered them with fiberglass, sanded them and put a bit of bondo and thats pretty much it, oh and there is a metal brace on the bottom edge of them for reenforcement. SolidAxleSlide you asked : What makes it a drift car? , well mainly the reason that makes it a drift car is that he drift's with it but i get your idea it could be used for drag and show and everything but we Adjusted the Camber to his favorite position to make it slide and we put a 4 puck unsprung clutch so the clutch can resist the clutch pops , the car comes stock with LSD and he is right now looking for a tein type flex damper kit with EDFC so to me as long as a car is being used to drift it's a drift car

Comment

Awsome, nice and clean. and the wheels rule, nice job

Comment

Nice 3000GT, Looks like the one on the Hashiriya dvd, at Signal Auto Japan!

Comment

since its a drift car, where are the pictures of it drifting? those are all show pics.

Comment

i dont have pictures of my 240 drifting, does it make it just a daily driver instead of a drifter? cmon give the guy a break, the car is beautiful.

Comment

SolidAxleSlide I have no action pics of it because when he was brigning it drifting the car was not painted yet so we did not really care about pictures, then it entered paint shop and the same day it got out we left for a car show in montreal called SCP5 when we got there a few cars started drifting in the parking lot and so did we but this happened before i even had a chance to take a picture of it drifting in case you dont know what that is its a Transfer case

and now that it's fixed well i live in canada and there is around 2 feet of snow so he wont be taking such a car in snow but as soon as i have some ill PM them to you for your pleasure

Comment

What type of expanding foam did you use(brand name)? And then you layered the fiberglass over the foam after shaping
                          it... correct? But did you leave the foam under the fiberglass when you were finished?...dose that make sense, if not I can try to explain it better.

Comment

thats not a drift car, its a show car that the guy took to a parking lot and did some skidding.

Comment

Any way you can make extra flares?, I've been looking for some for my car although my bumpers are a little different so I may have to start from scratch like his.
                              Very nice car overall but I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to drift unless he's running extremely high HP and heavily modded the drivetrain to handle the extra stresses, what tranny is he using, Kormac or stock?

BTW, here are some pics of my 3000GT VR-4, kinda looks like a Drift car (yeah, I get asked to drift it all the time ) but I can just barely get the back end to swing out before the AWD kicks in, and AWS doesn't help either
                              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/740615

Comment

Working...
                              X