PIC: Update of ca18 onevia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIC: Update of ca18 onevia

yeah yeah yeah, so i havent posted here in like million cajillion weeks,, BLAH BLAH i've been workin hard and swweating off pounds trying to get my motor finnished and well, yeah its done. here are some pics.

J spec CA18det. nothing fancy.

pics of some suspension, tein coils and rods, cusco tc bar, HICAS sway bars.

the best damn cooling pannel EVER

some pics of my new wheel and tires, GAB sport 16x8+27 w 205 50 16 front and 225 45 16 back.

and some pics of the interrior,
    -ca18det 9k tach
    -greddy/trust GREX knob
    -sony mp3 deck
    -momo wheel and hub
    -striped carpet
    -striped rear seats
    -striped trunk
    -SOON striped tar

so yeah, thats my s13 coupe'die. Silvia front and paint comming in a few weeks so so ill keep everyone updated. later and thanks for viewing my post

brandon
    slideways@zilvia.net
    Last edited by d0wn5h1ft; 01-04-2005, 02:23 AM.

im not seeing most of those pics but that is one badass cooling panel!

Comment

yeah a lot of the pics don't work. very nice cooling panel. fits pefectly and it is made out of high grade cardboard

Comment

that cooling panel is JayDeeEm Tytness yo! hahaha

nah good idea - nice use of zipties - i also noticed the cardboard splashguard/undertray...

half the pics dont work - the one i wanted to work but didnt was the suspension one!

- adz

Comment

yeah, i dont know whats wrong with image station... thats where the pics were hosted. anyhow try right clicking them and press SHOW IMAGE, that usually works after a couple times. anyhow yeah ill try and get some new update pics of the front end and what not. later

brandon

Comment

why did you decide to get an engine that has lower liters than stock? does it run better?

Comment

Well... Why do people get SR20? thats lower than stock too? what do you think =]

CA18 has great potential but everyone is stuck on Sr20s because of the aftermarket parts i'm guessing, or because everyone has it.

CA18s are iron and have better internals and can push a little more than SR internals.

CA18s also have better lowend speed than SRs.

CA18s have more potential than everyone thinks, its just everyone thinks SRs are better motors.

I personally think you can do more with CA18s, although CA18 only has 175hp. Sticking a 3' Cat-back exhaust and a high flow intake will get you as fast as a stock SR.

That's my 3cents

-Will

BTW: Nice car

Comment

Originally posted by C2 Powerhaus
                Well... Why do people get SR20? thats lower than stock too? what do you think =]

CA18 has great potential but everyone is stuck on Sr20s because of the aftermarket parts i'm guessing, or because everyone has it.

CA18s are iron and have better internals and can push a little more than SR internals.

CA18s also have better lowend speed than SRs.

CA18s have more potential than everyone thinks, its just everyone thinks SRs are better motors.

I personally think you can do more with CA18s, although CA18 only has 175hp. Sticking a 3' Cat-back exhaust and a high flow intake will get you as fast as a stock SR.

That's my 3cents

-Will

BTW: Nice car
                i bought CA mainly becasue of its price. i got my clip for 1200, comapred to a redtop sr20 which is close to 2500. Then many smaller factors began to intrest me about the engine such as its higher redline compared to the sr and ka, Torque is not an issue. I mean who uses torque to drift, especially when you are sliding at 5,000 rpm. ca18 is also 30 pounds lighter than the ka, by weight reduction you achieve a better power/weight ratio. CA is a well built motor and closly designed with the RB serries engine. people think that parts support is small for ca. ITS HUGE but they oftenly dont take the time to look or get ahold of them. Cams, headwork, block, crank, pistons ECT can all be achieved by many suppliers online, injectors can be takenk off of rxz's, 4g63's, evo's and rb's serries engine. i think the fact that people tend to forget is RELIABILITY, CA motors are monsters and can take beatings far worse than a ka could ever, sr's are jsut plain turbo'd honda engines. build to destroy and they do not hold up well STOCK. but of course with money u can make anything strong. So i stick with my main reason COST. with the money i sped on my ca i have far more power than sr, with consiterably more reliability. i did a minor rebuild, new turbo, manifold on the way, downpipe, bov, intake, ca16de cams, test pipe and 3 inch cat back which is rated with 10 PSI. close 220 HP. and ive only spend 2,000. thats 300 les than normal sr clips. keep in mind that less liters does not mean less power, its just a smaler dissplacment and is the ORIGINAL OG SILVIA motor, im just building it the way it was suppose to be. thank you for viewing my post and good night.

PS. thanks for pointing that out will
                Last edited by d0wn5h1ft; 01-05-2005, 02:09 AM.

Comment

No prob, i myself love the CA and wouldn't change my mind in getting one unless i get an SR for free, then maybe ill install until i get the CA or just sell for the CA ;D

You should check out NICO Forums as they have a NICE amount of people that know the CA18 very well.

I myself likes the ca18 because it is more reliable and cheaper than the SR.

Other than that, ca18 was on the original 180 and my car is pretty much gonna be a 180 look, so might as well get the original motor ;D

Comment

yeah ive been on NICO for 1 year and a half. d0wn5h1ft.. thats my SN on there as well. later and thaniks for viewing my post.

brandon

Comment

Quote: sr's are just plain turbo'd honda engines. build to destroy and they do not hold up well STOCK.

personally i like the CA18, but i would have to disagree i've heard the exact opposite regarding the SR. I've heard it can hold up to 400 hp, stock. that said i really like the Ca18, it's highly under used, and is a good deal. What kind of power did you get from those new cams?
                      Last edited by driftex; 01-06-2005, 02:12 PM.

Comment

JACK *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... lost a little low end, gained id say 200-300 rpm for top end. maybe +3-5ft-lbs torque and 5 peak HP. but not badd for 20.00 at the junk yard. i love the ca, spend a little gain a lot in terms of price!

i think your best bet for low budget mods is ka24e maf, ka throttle body, port and pollish head and ca16de cams. all that can be had for under 250.00 and can be noticed consiterably. also stock ca turbo SUCKS *Censored**Censored**Censored* so sr t25 i believe they differ a lot. ca on one hand has the same t25 housing w/an AR.48 comp. wheel. sr on the other hand has the t25 housing w/an ar.80 comp. wheel. use sr cold and hot pipe fo larger diameter piping and i believe that with minor mods the s14 intercooler can be had and hold up to 18psi. talk about budget moding BUT IT WORKS. injectors can be had from the 4g63 i believe they are 440cc purple tops, 2nd gen rx7' injectors can he had at the junk yard for 40.00 or so. using redtop 460cc injectors. i believe those are the secondary injectors as well.

brandon

Comment

is rev CUT at 9K rpms?? if so excuse me but DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!

and also, can we have a little video please? I would LOVE to hear a little CA18det...always loved the LOOK of the motor too!

it does look like a smallish RB...lol

great work, and keep up the good spirits, and ALWAYS do what YOU WANT TO DO...dont listen to the " i heard this" crap....it gets to me to.....

anyways...god bless

-Jonathan Mann

Comment

hmm... somewhere in the nico forums theres a 400whp ca18. gotta look for the link since i'm too lazy to search..

search in archived for 400hp ca18det its a yellow s13 with Dyno video and Drag run video i believe.

-Will

Comment

yeah, i dont let what people have to say affect my decisions. i could realy care les what they have to say especially on the forums" this does not apply to those of you who have posted here" but half the people who reply on the forums dont know JACK DIDLY. after the breakin process is compleete ill take some action shots and try and get a video up, i need firewire becasue USB wont import the video sttream on my dell.

brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X