Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoPower
    Im going to build a 300zx drift car NA ---> TT swap z32 model
    anyone that tells you that you have to pull out or drop in the motor and tranny seperate are idiots.

just did a full 60K tune up on my brothers motor ( me and him worked 2 weeks on and off...)

we WERE doing a turbo build, but decided it would take too long and have the car down to long, plus funds got short real quick...

but NA slick top 2 seater....very rare...plus 75K original miles

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2960860093

have fun

: we are though going to swap in a vg30dett....soon, but not TOO soon.....then again, he is still looking at Rb25's......compact, light and rather easy to install...specially b/c its the SAME TRANSMISSION AND BELLHOUSING....i know this b/c a buddy of mine in town just completed a RB25det swap into his s14.5 with a s15 front end conversion...very hot stuff.

anywho...pm me for more details and such
    Last edited by mk3mann; 01-06-2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
      we are though going to swap in a vg30dett....soon, but not TOO soon.....then again, he is still looking at Rb25's......compact, light and rather easy to install...specially b/c its the SAME TRANSMISSION AND BELLHOUSING....i know this b/c a buddy of mine in town just completed a RB25det swap into his s14.5 with a s15 front end conversion...very hot stuff.
      Yes it can bolt up to the VG30DETT transmission.... But the shifter will never line up properly..unless highly modified. The VG30DETT transmission has an extended linkage. The RB25DET will bolt up to the RB20 or of course the RB25 transmissions and possibly the VG30ET also..that's the single overhead cam VG and has a regular style linkage. I did one of the very first NA to TT swaps in the US..and the first on a 2+2. This was years ago...we've done several since...including convertables.

You'll also need to modify the front crossmember if you plan on running a stock hood.
      Last edited by BooZTT; 01-07-2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BooZTT
        Yes it can bolt up to the VG30DETT transmission.... But the shifter will never line up properly..unless highly modified. The VG30DETT transmission has an extended linkage. The RB25DET will bolt up to the RB20 or of course the RB25 transmissions and possibly the VG30ET also..that's the single overhead cam VG and has a regular style linkage. I did one of the very first NA to TT swaps in the US..and the first on a 2+2. This was years ago...we've done several since...including convertables.

You'll also need to modify the front crossmember if you plan on running a stock hood.
        sometimes going too in depth annoys people, thats why i didnt go as far as you.

just custom mounting brackets, and linkages. pretty simple if you ask me. Nothings perfect, but you can get it quite close

props on the swaps.

Comment

annoys people??

WTF... didn't annoy me.. BooZTT is the sh!t... don't dog on him

Comment

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS© S30
            annoys people??

LMAO.

whatever "dude"

Comment

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS© S30
              annoys people??

Thanks for backing me up..but I don't think he was making a cut-down...haha! I think he was just stating something. I can see how it could be read two different ways though, so maybe mk3mann should remember there are LOTS of people on these boards who don't have the level of mechanic skills that we have and I stated what I did so those people would not be misled. I think you'll both understand that. I agree things can always be modified...you don't think I didn't get all sorts of people telling me I couldn't do what I did? It's all good...thanks though PrOxLaMuS© S30, and mk3mann...don't sweat it.

Comment

keep any eye on the JasperPerformance site

as the Z Page will be up next week with a drift section shortly there after. We have been up to no good with the Project 300, from custom steering arms to a quick rack and a custom subframe & suspension you may be seeing alot more 300's sideways in the up comming season. Videos will be posted as soon as we get some at legal locations

Jasper Perfromance

Comment

thats awesome, love those gold rims on there, and would be glad to see some 300's get sideways, but lets hope they dont get to popular like 240's (not hatin on 240's, i love 240's, im just sayin they're prolly the most popular drift car) but it would be so awesome to have just a few

Comment

Z31

This is a really crappy small picture from a camera phone, but I'll get more soon, hopefully of in action. But, yeah. That's my Z. 1986 300ZX Turbocharged. It's got crazy high miles on it, and the clutch is going pretty badly, but hey, it still kicks in the races and drifting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 300zxttfreak
                      thats awesome, love those gold rims on there, and would be glad to see some 300's get sideways, but lets hope they dont get to popular like 240's (not hatin on 240's, i love 240's, im just sayin they're prolly the most popular drift car) but it would be so awesome to have just a few
                      Thanks, drifting the Z32 makes for a very bold entry, in a field dominated by 240's. It will be interesting non the less so see how many appear in the field these upcoming months as we see more results from our R&N. I'll be sure to keep you updated along with the rest of you who have inquired about this setup.

Comment

what kit is that on the red z32? i like it a lot...want one for my Z once i start tuning it...currently working on a AE86 i picked up last week :-D

Comment

zx drifter

i have recntly purchased a 300zxtt with most of the work already done to make an excellent drift car,i have owned skylines and numerous other turbod rwd cars and the zx is the best car ive had for drifting so far email me for pics frankbatterham@aol.com

Comment

how many typoes of Z's are out there?
                            i hear you guys talking bout z31, z32

what is the diffrernce between z31 and z32?
                            is it year differnce? (thats my guess)
                            an which year is best for drifting?

Comment

Straight up - Z's Kick Arse!

Comment

Heres my car:

Not much done to help drifting. B&G springs/Tokico Shox and struts. Im not to bad in the rain, but for the most part i suck haha. I need an LSD.

Second...I have seen plenty of Z's Drift...Including S30's Z31, and Z32's.

Mk2mann is right. THere is absolutly no need to swap an engine into a Z. The VG can handle stupid amounts of power. chek out 1sickZ's car...660 HP now

http://www.zxturbo.com/rides/1sickz.html

Comment

Working...
                                X