No announcement yet.

Mazda 929 Drift Machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice seat, when i get one, i intend on gettin a charge-speed seat. $315.
    Attached Files

Comment

didn't you say something about FC RX7 trans working? those are usually easy to find, i wonder if you could use other rx7 parts for the conversion.

Comment

yea my 929 shares the same tranny as the FC RX7 aswell as the gear ratios from th FC turbo model, to bad they gave me a open diff, although I can put both tires to the ground pretty good....

Comment

hey if you wanna be vip and be really different, get an Infiniti J30. now that would be cool. and 9ine Duece, your ride is quite pimp.

Comment

well crap!

how much HP did the non "s" model make? SOHC v6 was it?

is there even a importer of Mazda Luce/929 peformance suspension parts stateside?

is there a forum for the Luce/929???

-Jonathan Mann

PS: You have got me going on the 929...I am not stopping anytime soon

Comment

Everyhting you ever wanted to know about the 929 is on my Cardomain page, try taking the time to read it, I put alot on that page, I was in the same situation as you over 2 years ago when I first got into the first gen 929, there was NOTHING out there for this car in terms of performance, suspension, info, Ive ended up posting on about 10 different Mazda forums to try to find any info on this car, time has passed and there still things I couldnt find out, like how many 5 speed were produced and why I have options other 929s dont like chrome moulding and full body paint, I just found out recently that the car came with an open diff and it share the same gear ratios as the turbo II RX7. Nothing is changed, except for the fact that Corksport finnally inmported H&R springs from H&R Germany, they go for $200US, someone in Tacoma (he also has the JFT swap) bought a set and he said it took almost a year to get them. The link to 929 forum aswell as the Japance Luce site is on the top left, up untill 6 months ago there really wasnt much action in that forum but it has somewaht picked up since then, I think that there is less than 10 people in North America that have seriously put any effort into moddin this car...

Comment

WOW!

so if you find a LSD from a rx7 FC do you think it would plop right in?

Thats a pretty rare car then, 1 year to get springs? LOL....
                I am sure i would just buy coilovers from TEIN ( if they make them)...or some other reputable shop in Jap land. I know I have heard bad things about them, but Bulletproofautomotive.com might be able to import some stuff for you when you get real serious.

-Jonathan Mann

Comment

I think the LSD should work cause the pumpkin look the same, so not sure but hope so for the future...

maybe they have the springs in stock now, As for Tein, HAHAHAHAAHA, yeah right, unless somehtin can be modified to fit from another car, I already know lots places in Vancouver that can import JDM cars/parts, for now gotta start saving...

Comment

Working...
                  X