new siluty pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamSLIPdrifter
    looks nice! im jelous, i wish i had the money to do this. lol when i first saw this thread i thought it said sluty pics i was like... wtf...
    I was the same with the "slutty pics" thing.

Comment

awesome car

Comment

Originally posted by drftn13
        it still has the front bumper frame and the full chassis rails, all i have cut out are the inner guards and the rad support panel,

but wether the rad support or inner guards were there if i hit something that hard it would be stuffed anyhow, plus if i built my ute being worried about crashing it i wouldnt have built a drift car
        yeah but did you keep in mind chassy regitity and street or track legality.

Comment

yes it has a full cage with supports coming through the firewall to the towers, plus braces from the a pillar up to the strut tower,
          its legal how it is here, plus most race silvias i have seen are all done the same, as far as to drift i see no reason why its not legal, its built just like a racecar and i cant find any rules that sudgest its illegal for drift,

Comment

drftn13, i have been looking for one of those hoods for a LONG time, is it a custom job, it not where can i get one??? thanx for the help! p.s. do they have carbon fiber ones, anyone????

Comment

well can't wait to see it finished and in action

Comment

there are plenty of fiberglass and carbon hoods availible in the states, so if you do a little searching you will come up with some nice stuff,
                all i could find here in NZ was plain non vented ones so i gave it a shot at making one, still needs a lot more work but it will be ok once i have finnished it.

Comment

Nice Ute. I cant beleave somebodys trying to make a Sil-Truck Ute.
                  Well I hope that u show use more pics!

Comment

what kind of engine are you going to drop in there?

Comment

there is a VQ35DE going in there, it will be na for a while and ill see how it goes, may have to turbo it but i really want to try na, last 2 seasons were with a sr20det so time for a change.

Comment

How much power do you reckon i could get out an na rb25de, because ive got an r32 gts25, do you reckon its a stupid idea to try and syphon power out of it and just go for the turbo engine transplant?

Comment

i dont think it will be worth the effort , you will need high compession pistons and still wont be up with a standard rb25det,
                          rb25det is the better option i think

Comment

Cant wait to see the finshed product. How much longer is it going to be in the build?.Will it be a the puke round?

good luck with it

Comment

the first pukekohe round is not till june so yes it will definatly be there, im trying to get it all ready for round 1 in march, but thats in christchurch, so its going to be close trying to find $$ for it all, but hey it will be so worth it when its done.
                              i have had a few talks with a local tyre shop about a small sponsorship deal so hopefully somethings happens there,
                              but if i get it finnished in time for round 1 ill be more than happy

Comment

you guys are in new zealand right? that swap sounds sweet. how hard & expensive is that swap? why dont you try to get a big sponsership, with a car like your it should be no problem. BTW what kind of suspension are you running on your car?

Comment

Working...
                                X