No announcement yet.

My New 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all those sound nice! how is the tokicko illumina 5 way adustable? is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by 240silvia
      individual throttle bodies for the engine!!! gotta do it, sounds sooo sweet, big hp adder also, lol, gotta go with it
      WERD! do it!!!(drool)

Comment

best LSD to start off with would be the one way slip...works very well for the GTS version of the 86. and since its not a hatch not that much more weight on the car. but yea a buddy of mine owns one just like yours and its a nice work of art man. The one way slip LSD in his car is like another machine working. seriously you could really hear it working at high rpms and when your slowing down its like it has a mind of its own. really good stuff man

Comment

Don?
          Is that you?
          O well i gave you my card, just give me a call if you need ANY GTS parts.

Max

Comment

This is taken from another forum.

"Legacy77706-20-2002, 06:48 PM
            GAB's basically are KYB shells that have different valving and such inside. The shells are KYB. KYB makes the valving, they just make it to GAB's specs, they get painted a different color and badged as GAB.

So to answer your question.......no they are not AGX's.....but KYB does play a major roll in the making.

Josh"

Comment

AGX's are fine, for the rear. AGX cannot be used for the front because the front are cartridges. Your best bet are KYB GR-2 (for the front), but they are oem replacements (long stock stroke in the front and short stroke in the back, you do the math). Research more on what kind of suspension you want on your 86.

If i have it my way it would be:
              KYB Super Specials (circuit use only) shocks on all 4
              then TRD 8kg (front) and 6kg (rear) springs.

(which what I have on my 86).

Don't worry about the engine until it breaks.
              Don't bother upgrading unless you rebuild it. Because it's either your engine is high mileage already or there's a bad internal components and it's waiting for pop. So upgrading would be a waste.

Remember 86's are 20yrs old, so pumping high HP upgrades will wear it down quicker or sooner.

rebuild it and then upgrade while rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                AGX's are fine, for the rear. AGX cannot be used for the front because the front are cartridges. Your best bet are KYB GR-2 (for the front), but they are oem replacements (long stock stroke in the front and short stroke in the back, you do the math). Research more on what kind of suspension you want on your 86.

If i have it my way it would be:
                KYB Super Specials (circuit use only) shocks on all 4
                then TRD 8kg (front) and 6kg (rear) springs.

(which what I have on my 86).

Don't worry about the engine until it breaks.
                Don't bother upgrading unless you rebuild it. Because it's either your engine is high mileage already or there's a bad internal components and it's waiting for pop. So upgrading would be a waste.

Remember 86's are 20yrs old, so pumping high HP upgrades will wear it down quicker or sooner.

rebuild it and then upgrade while rebuilding.

I am using KYB AGX front and rear. MR2 and Camaro setup.

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
                  Don?
                  Is that you?
                  O well i gave you my card, just give me a call if you need ANY GTS parts.

Max
                  yea man its me. who are you?

Comment

Working...
                  X