No announcement yet.

Jermoose's STI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was R32 vs the STI it would be a really hard pick. Sure the GTR is legendary but it'd be used. For the same money you could get a brand new STI (which is every bit as capable as the GTR from the factory).

Comment

For his cause, he tries to pick rarer cars and turn them into show cars. I would say the GTR is rare, but i wouldnt want to see it as a show queen, so i retract my previous statement.

Comment

That STI is very nicely done.

Comment

Stock motor though. I think he should have bought another sti, and swapped the parts on. This new R32 is pretty slow in comparison.

Comment

Yeah, im kinda bummed with his choice of the R32, its slower than a standard 1.8 gti! Chas has a good piont of swapping the parts, i mean he was just getting started on that car, he shouldt have given up.

Comment

hold on... there is no way the r32 gti is slower than a stock 1.8t gti. that thing is pushin over 240 hp, and torque closely following at bout 135ft/lbs, both much more than the turbo. its n/a, so theres no turbo lag, and there IS lag in that gti. the awd is the only thing that would make it slower than it could compared to the 1.8 other than it being about 3250 pounds. but i dont belive the r32 is slower. it doesnt seem to work out at all. ill check around.
              Last edited by lv2drft; 03-18-2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

ok checked. the 1.8t 5sp- 6.5s 0-60
                r32 3.2 6sp- 6.2s 0-60
                and the r32 does about 150 when opened up. not as quick as the evo or sti...but it looks nicer and is a lot more luxurious than the other two IMO.

Comment

R32 0-60 6.1
                  1.8t 0-60 6.5

The GTI weighs in at 3035lbs while the r32 weighs over 3400. lets comepare to car in the same price range from japanese auto makers

350z 0-60 5.3
                  STI 0-60 4.9
                  EVO 0-60 5.2

Now, i know 0-60 isnt the most important, but it was a quick was to compare these cars. My personal choice would be between the 350z and evo.

The R32 may have moved on from its predecessor, the V6 4-Motion, but it’s no Subaru Impreza WRX. Whereas the Japanese car’s steering is razor sharp, responding instantly to minimal inputs from the driver, the Golf feels vague, particularly around the centre, and reluctant to change direction. Negotiate a fast series of S-bends, and you feel exhilarated in the Subaru, more a sense of relief in the VW. The latter car’s shortcomings can’t be excused on the grounds of a softer ride either – it doesn’t have one, although this does at least ensure that body roll is more controlled than on the earlier Golf V6.

Comment

last i read, the evo was clocking 4.8s to the 100 click mark. maybe am wrong, i dunno.

Comment

Hmm, i dont know. Maybe your thingking of the tuned evo that one of the mags tested.

Comment

well i just read from 2 sources that the evo was 4.8 so i dont know. they said it was the 273 hp one, stock. so i dont know, plus most of the testers get different results. but its fast anyway.

Comment

Everything I've read puts the EVO's at around 5.0 and the wrx at about 4.9, but funny thing is the Evo is easier to drive and just a bit faster around the track, so they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                            The r32 is not that cool. For 30g's i would have bought a REAL R32 the gtr kind. Ill post some pics.
                            For 30g's you can buy three R32 GTRs In Canada! MuhHAhahAHhHA !

Comment

you could buy 5 for 30gs in japan! well..depends on condition...6500 for an r32 gtr in certain areas...or u could buy a totaled one for 3500!

Comment

D-Garage AE86---- your right i live in ontario and this guy from totronto picked up a skyline R-32 GTS still good for under 10 gs candian with shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X