Put 5mm spacers on my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 180maniac
    700,000!!!!!!!!!!! What in the world did he do????? crash into an armored car full of money and light it on fire?? Holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, his insurance rates must be stellar now. I thought mine was bad.

Anyway, clean looking car. I think the spacers were a good decision. Good luck with the engine problems.

- peace
    I hate when that happens
    clean car, hope the spacers work out nice

Comment

A 5mm spacer does about next to nothing on making a wheel more flush. Unless someone mentionend it to me I would not even notice a car w/ a 5mm spacer. Even if they mentioend it I still would not be able to tell.

I suggest finding a 20-25mm bolt on spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by mechamits
        Looks very nice
        Just be cautious of your local insurance policies, a local guy had an accident who had spacers on his car and his coverage was denied and was responsible for ALL the damages--over $700,000
        And another note of warning, make sure you have a DOT stamp on your tires--they can deny you for that too, if they catch you
        just another reson to hate canada,

p.s. the 5mm aint gettin it done, you need somthing much bigger like 20 or 25. cause they still are no where near "flush"

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
          A 5mm spacer does about next to nothing on making a wheel more flush. Unless someone mentionend it to me I would not even notice a car w/ a 5mm spacer. Even if they mentioend it I still would not be able to tell.

I suggest finding a 20-25mm bolt on spacer.
          Does next to nothing?

Here it is before without them.

Comment

That blue car isn't his. The black 180 with smoked turn signals and 17x9 +5 (after S14 FLCA) FN01RCs (one of the first people in USA to have them besides JSpec Sam) is my friend BJones. I think that pic is on our SUPER overdue for an update Pink GodziRa site. The blue S13 is waiting for a LOT of stuff, but it should be up and running soon!

As for hte original poster's car. MAN that is A LOT of camber! WTF, how do you drive with that much camber? You don't like a contact patch do you?

Anywyas, decreasing the amount of camber you have by at least half will A. be a lot more functional, and B. make your wheels a lot flusher.

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
              700,000!!!!!!!!!!! What in the world did he do????? crash into an armored car full of money and light it on fire?? Holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, his insurance rates must be stellar now. I thought mine was bad.
              I heard it was 3 vehicles involved, plus property damage and hospital bills for those involved

I don't know what the rules are with spacers that use a secondary set of studs/lugs, maybe those are okay?

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_

Anywyas, decreasing the amount of camber you have by at least half will A. be a lot more functional, and B. make your wheels a lot flusher.
                Once again, people start judging by theory without practice. I did the camber myself, and I have tried different positions, so far this suits me the best, and the front of the car is like on rails!

Comment

That is one sweet 240 , i love the camber it does make the camber look even more crazy ! anyways props on the car real clean !

Comment

Originally posted by dorifuto
                    Once again, people start judging by theory without practice. I did the camber myself, and I have tried different positions, so far this suits me the best, and the front of the car is like on rails!
                    You are right, my theory has no practice. I guess 3 years of street drifting, 2nd place Amatuer Tandem Competition, 1st place Advanced group winner at Buttonwillow competition, Top 16 finisher at Drift Day Competition 2, Grip video vol. 7 and Drift Society 2 DVD features, amongst other things gives me NO credibility, huh? "feels like its on rails"? Sure does. Your car must be super stable, expecially since your akerman angle (steering axis rotation for each strut) is so weird that its actually rotating towards the ground, not just left/right. Makes it stable for sure, cause your car doesn't want to turn-in.

Of course, i don't know what i'm talking about though, huh? Go check out Drift Society 2 and tell me I don't know how to drift... and that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* was filmed July 5th!! That was so long ago considering now i am into team drifting and the upcoming amatuer team drifting series. 7 months ago i was only dreaming of running with 300+ ps, inches away from a car in 3rd/2nd gear.

Don't assume that the only people on this site are poser fanboys, you might make yourself look like a tool. Just like -6 degrees of Camber.

I for one am not a poser or a fanboy, and i run -2.5 front and -2 rear on 17x9 +14 (soon to be -3 once i get the FRP fenders) front and 18x9.5 +12 with 235/40/17 and 235/40/18. Therefore, not only do i have more credibility drifting than your 4mph (or is it kph?) in-the-rain drift vid, but i also have more experience fitting wheels over the last 3 years and i THINK mine are a bit more flush.

Comment

ouch..PG burned you bad hahaha

P.S...that much camber looks very bad IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X