Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D New Jersey Photos by Slipstream/Jtuned

Comment

Nice pics! Represent Mexico Casper, you know!

Comment

Comment

holy fing nice pics batman!

Comment

awesome pics, casper's car is very hot.

I remmber watchin calvin rip it up in his qualifying run with the G. I didnt expect to see that car drift that well, calvin has mucho skills!

Which one of these doods was the announcer? so many people wanted to hurt him in the stands. It was pretty crazy.

Hot show indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_EJR
              awesome pics, casper's car is very hot.

I remmber watchin calvin rip it up in his qualifying run with the G. I didnt expect to see that car drift that well, calvin has mucho skills!

Which one of these doods was the announcer? so many people wanted to hurt him in the stands. It was pretty crazy.

Hot show indeed!
              The dude without the microphone in the pic is the announcer Jarod Deanda. He is an awesome announcer and a great dude! I think everyone just doesnt understand its hard to make so many different styles and cultures happy while talking on the mic for 10 hours. I am very impressed with his skill and am very confused what he does so wrong. maybe some constructive criticism and some pointers could help him understand what everyone wants.

I say keep up the good work Jarod you rock bro!
              Later,

JR
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Yo this is Jarod alias known as J-rod,

Thanks JR for backing me up.
                Ask any of the drivers and they're happy with whsat I do.
                But yes JR hit the nail on the head.
                How do you appeal to Fresh, Hesh or Hippies?
                Basically it's like a radio station you can't have rock and roll, hip hop and reggae on the same radio station and make everybody happy.

So basically I do my best to make everybody laugh, have fun and I know you're all at the FD events to see Drifting, bottom line.

I would like to ask you drifting fans... If you have any constructive criticism pleas fill me in as your all different.

Also I DO NOT control the music as I wanted some rock and roll as well.
                Crue, ACDC Motorhead or anything but the DJ's didn't have any Rock and Roll on wax, go figure.

Peace,
                Again fill me in on what you guys want!!!

Ask any of the drivers, they like what's being said and a healthy majority of the fans enjoy the commentary as well.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous
                  I would like to ask you drifting fans... If you have any constructive criticism pleas fill me in as your all different.
                  Again fill me in on what you guys want!!!
                  seek and you shall receive:
                  [hope this helps]
                  - when referring to cars on the track, make sure when you say a car is n/a, it doesn't have a big fmic showing.
                  - don't repeat yourself so often, I understand it's hard to keep talking throughout the course of the entire event, but "drive it like you stole it" and "drive it like it's a rental car" get old after the 20th time.
                  - don't guess what's wrong with a car, especially when your guess is way off from what the problem is.
                  - know what is going on, you commented during the tandem runs about a driver having "technical difficulties" and holding up the competition as he exited the track. he was actually being interviewed by a camera crew like all the other drivers. this wasn't that big, but the way you made it sound, it was like it was the driver's fault for the delay in the show, when in fact it wasn't.

on a side note, early on in the day you corrected the crowd after they cheered at a sloppy slide and explained the point of drifting and maintaining the slide through the clipping point. good job on that and you can't please everyone, so don't try.
                  Last edited by conspire; 04-22-2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by conspire
                    [hope this helps]
                    - when referring to cars on the track, make sure when you say a car is n/a, it doesn't have a big fmic showing.
                    - don't repeat yourself so often, I understand it's hard to keep talking throughout the course of the entire event, but "drive it like you stole it" and "drive it like it's a rental car" get old after the 20th time.
                    - don't guess what's wrong with a car, especially when your guess is way off from what the problem is.
                    - know what is going on, you commented during the tandem runs about a driver having "technical difficulties" and holding up the competition as he exited the track. he was actually being interviewed by a camera crew like all the other drivers. this wasn't that big, but the way you made it sound, it was like it was the driver's fault for the delay in the show, when in fact it wasn't.

on a side note, early on in the day you corrected the crowd after they cheered at a sloppy slide and explained the point of drifting and maintaining the slide through the clipping point. good job on that and you can't please everyone, so don't try.

Thanks for all the input I really do appreciate it.
                    It's definitely being noted.
                    I'm not making excuses but you're right I can't please everybody so all I can do is be me.

-I was told Hiro's car was All Motor I knew it was a 1JZ but didn;t know exact specs.
                    Once the car came closer I saw and said it was Turbo obviously.
                    - Regarding repitition, I'm on the mic for seriously about 10 hours so it's inevitable to repeat myself, but I will not that, thanks.
                    -Guessing is something you need to do, I'm not saying I'm right but just seeing what's up.
                    - I NEVER blame drivers for holding up the show.
                    We have Formula D staff all over the track seeing what's going on, there's going to be hiccups so I don't blame anybody, believe me.

I'm down for the sport believe me I have a direct connect to the sport and the people ask any driver an they'll tell you they appreciate what I do.

Seriously though THANK YOU for the feedback it is be listened to.
                    Good job and good presence for Look Out in NJ.
                    Peace and see you in ATL.

Thank again, come and introduce yourself to me in ATL I would like to meet you and you can see what kind of person I am.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous
                      Thanks for all the input I really do appreciate it.
                      It's definitely being noted.
                      I'm not making excuses but you're right I can't please everybody so all I can do is be me.

-I was told Hiro's car was All Motor I knew it was a 1JZ but didn;t know exact specs.
                      Once the car came closer I saw and said it was Turbo obviously.
                      - Regarding repitition, I'm on the mic for seriously about 10 hours so it's inevitable to repeat myself, but I will not that, thanks.
                      -Guessing is something you need to do, I'm not saying I'm right but just seeing what's up.
                      - I NEVER blame drivers for holding up the show.
                      We have Formula D staff all over the track seeing what's going on, there's going to be hiccups so I don't blame anybody, believe me.

I'm down for the sport believe me I have a direct connect to the sport and the people ask any driver an they'll tell you they appreciate what I do.

Seriously though THANK YOU for the feedback it is be listened to.
                      Good job and good presence for Look Out in NJ.
                      Peace and see you in ATL.

Thank again, come and introduce yourself to me in ATL I would like to meet you and you can see what kind of person I am.
                      J- I though you did a great job. It's hard as hell to do that kind of thing and the fact that you are asking for constructive criticism says a lot about you. There were plenty of us who thought you rocked the house. Take what you can from the feedback and keep up the good work.

Comment

J-Rod
                        Hey brother man.....do what you do....your're doing an awesome job. We (us drivers) know your doing your best to represent as accurate as you can the event, sponsors, promoters, and everything else. We (us drivers) know that you are not some dude off the street filling in or something. Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

MF Casper
                        casper@monstorfabrication.com www.monstorfabrication.com

Comment

Someone should start a ask J-Rod thread, would help alot of the people that dont understand and dont appreciate what he is doing ( I know cause I was once one of em ).

Comment

The pictures rock my socks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by conspire
                              [hope this helps]

I have a couple to ad.
                              1. no more "holy cow"!
                              2. no more artificial suspense. If the winner is clearly on one side, saying "I don't know, this is a close one" is kind of insulting.

Comment

Working...
                              X