No announcement yet.

Japanese Roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yupp SD has lots of places...and a few that border other counties.

Btw, where in japan were most of the pics taken? I didn't see a location...thanks...hehee and after I drive em in a few months I will let you know how good they really are! hahahaa j/p

Comment

Never been that far south in Cali but I do know Cali has some nice roads but lotsa cops. You can do that kinda stuff here in Ohio and walk away with a warning.

The areas the pics were taken from are: Haruna, Akagi, Usui, Myougi, Syoumaru and Iroha. I don't have a clue where any of those places are or how to find them other than using a map. Good luck driving them though.

Btw... welcome to the site.

Comment

thank you I can google them! hahaa...

and thank you for the welcome to the site...I am liking it here!

Comment

Originally posted by S13Silviagirl
          thank you I can google them! hahaa...

and thank you for the welcome to the site...I am liking it here!
          Np, anything I can do to help.

Yea its pretty nice here. lota cool members.

Comment

no wonder y the drifters in japan rock, i mean those roads are flawless and so perfect!

Comment

No saucy potholes =]

Comment

Roads do not make drifters, practice and persistance makes drifters. Sure roads help but there is a such thing as improvising.

The US has more mountainous square milage than Japan so I'm sure the states have just as many, twisty, well-maintained roads as Japan, they're just not back to back. Nobodys going around shooting pics of them and putting them in cartoons.

You have to remember that they've been touge racing since before most of us were born and that spawned the sport of drifting. They've even been drifting longer than some ppl on this forum have been alive.

Its obvious they'd be that far ahead of us. All those D1 guys have been drifting for years. Koguchi's been at it for 7 or 8 years, Ueno's been at it for 5 years but he's been through 4 cars and drifted with Japan's finest so go figure.

With that many years of practice, anyone else could do the same.

Comment

yeah there are places in sd but i meant theres nothing compared to those pics

well that i kno of

Originally posted by nightracer
                  Roads do not make drifters, practice and persistance makes drifters. Sure roads help but there is a such thing as improvising.

The US has more mountainous square milage than Japan so I'm sure the states have just as many, twisty, well-maintained roads as Japan, they're just not back to back. Nobodys going around shooting pics of them and putting them in cartoons.

You have to remember that they've been touge racing since before most of us were born and that spawned the sport of drifting. They've even been drifting longer than some ppl on this forum have been alive.

Its obvious they'd be that far ahead of us. All those D1 guys have been drifting for years. Koguchi's been at it for 7 or 8 years, Ueno's been at it for 5 years but he's been through 4 cars and drifted with Japan's finest so go figure.

practice makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer

just had to register... gota share something.
                    im bulgarian and i know something that might interest you. i know of some people who have been sliding their cars around twisty turns on balkan roads in summers or early/late winters. dating back to the 60s and 70s (still do today).

ive driven on a few of them to get to some ski resports and it looks alot like the jap roads you guys are drolling about.

shitty russian cars may look shitty but can pull decent drifts down hill. wonder if they are keeping up with the jap drift scene. people refere to drifting as japanese, people gota dig deeper. the thrill of oversteer isnt one mans inventions, it's the basic fundamental of traction.

ill ask my bulgarian buddies that told me about this stuff for some more info n pics, vids, whatever.. if anyone is interested.

Comment

In general the sport and competitions are Japanese, the names for some of the methods of inducing drift are Japanese but you're right, its probably been around longer than we realize.

I know one of the Italian drivers for Ferrari was race drifting back in the 40s or 50s against the disgression of the engineers who told him he'd crash & burn. He was able to take the turns faster.

I don't know much about Russian cars but I do know they're quite maneuvreable. I never knew Bulgaria had a drift scene though, thats cool. You say you guys have similar roads to the ones in those pics. Nice! Please give more info.

Comment

Most of those pictures are taken from either Haruna or Irohazaka.

Comment

Sorry, i didn't read any of the posts besides the first one, too lazy Here's a site i have that shows famous japanese roads.

http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~eg9/gallery.htm

Comment

RE:

That's why you should have read the other posts

Comment

pics for documentary

Hey Coiloverkid,

We are producing a show on drifting and would like to use some of the mountain road pics you've posted. For any material we get, we would give credit at the end of the show.

If you're interested, email me at snpham@rainbow-media.com.

Thanks

Savio

Comment

Drifting footage and pics

Hey Drifters,

We're producing a show about drifting for a television series and would like to get pics and footage of drifting taking place on Japanese Mountain roads or just the mountain road. If anybody has anything like that and would like to get their pics or footage on television, please email me at SNPHAM@RAINBOW-MEDIA.COM.

Thanks

Savio

Comment

Working...
                                X