ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R32 GTS-T Skyline Drifting in the States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTS-T Skyline Drifting in the States?

Im from new zealand and this is my car

R32 gts-t skyline.

Anyone in the states drift these?

Where abouts in NZ are you from?

Comment

Hubert Young of Discount Tires/Falken Drift Team used to drift a GTR 32 before he went to S14 then RPS13. There's another guy in So. California, can't remember his name, that drifts a R33 GTS-t but not four door.

Comment

there are a bunch in canada and they come down to the states for our events. Not too many in the states though since they arent legal here.

Comment

Cartune has an R33 2 door that's painted bronze, there's a couple other skylines that are around but don't attend drift events often...

word on the street is that there will be an R33 4-door debuting later this year

Comment

GTS-ts came in 4 doors? Or maybe I'm thinking type M's.

B-Wurm

Comment

Most gts-t's are m-spec, non-mspecs are very rare over here, which is a good thing. I'm from matamata. Why are skylines ilegal in the states? These cars have got to be the cheapest car to get in and just drift, something like 220bhp standard and take alot of mod's without much ecu tuning. I just dont understand why they arn't very common in the states :s

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
                there are a bunch in canada and they come down to the states for our events. Not too many in the states though since they arent legal here.

you can import r33's easier in canada?

Comment

A buddy of mine drifts his GTSt here in portland, very clean car. There are pics of it in the thread abotu the portland OR drift day.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddyworm
                    GTS-ts came in 4 doors? Or maybe I'm thinking type M's.

B-Wurm
                    theyre the same thing... Type M's are basically just the highest sports model R32... both 2 and 4 doors came in Type M... the 4 door actually came out in 7 different types - the 2 door r32 however was only 4 different types

- adz

Comment

how many skylines are there now in portland area...i know tyler and than that one beat up primer one...and supposivly a burgandy one as well...

Comment

There are are a few skylines, mostly gtst's, but there are a few gtr's here. I live in Ohio and I am aware of at least 3.

Its not that Skylines are illegal, its just that they take a great deal of time and money to get certified for legal US road use. US emissions and safety makes if very hard, and importing issues cost too. I am saving up for one, but it will problably be after I get out of college, but i need to get there first.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                          how many skylines are there now in portland area...i know tyler and than that one beat up primer one...and supposivly a burgandy one as well...
                          I was talking about tylers skyline.

Comment

Tyler has a Type M. I didn't know of other R32s in Oregon. I did see another R32 driving down I5 last year though.

Comment

Working...
                            X