My New ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New ride.

Went and got this today. 81 Fairlady 280z. RHD and o so much fun to drive. Has a few spots on it but has some funk cool wheels on it, a sweet weirdo jdm ignition system and some funky knob under the dash to set something that I haven't figured out yet. But I drove it to my brothers shop form about 40 miles away on 5 cylinders since rats got to the wiring for #4 injector. Ran pretty decent for 5 cylinders. The wheels are Hoshino Racing G5's. If anyone knows anything bout them please let me know. All this for 300 bucks.

Told you all they were out there.
    Attached Files

Wheels.

Heres a close up of the wheels.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interior.

Notice the trash from the last owner. I won't get into him here just know that he was quite an interesting individual. But I like him for selling me the car.

Oh and the Pimpstar gear shift lever that is almost equal height to the dash. That things got a throw on it like an old woman with a hip problem. That's leaving, seats are leaving, trans is leaving since it's a 4 speed and maybe engine too. Got a built 260 motor to go in it that my friend has laying around so that may find it's way in there with triple Webers. Oh how I love my friends.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 01-06-2004, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Got a hood coming.

Hoods fubar. Got a new one coming already and some other stuff.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahh man, love the classic look. So is this going to be the new project car?

Comment

Oh yes, it will be the new one, oh yes....it will.

Comment

yeeeaah! Z power haha..what size are those rims?

Comment

16's I do believe. Haven't relly gone over the car. Gonna go back to Asslanta and look it over this weekend.

Comment

with a good set of tires add another zero to the price you paid for you car and that's what you could get for them on ebay.

Comment

Repaint. Orange. Black.

432R style can't be beat.

Speaking of which, I saw a beautiful orange Z today, looked like a 432 minus the black hood, marked as a FairladyZ.

Comment

Actually at this point i'm going to paint the car flat black, tack some bubble flares on it and maybe put some diff wheels on it that are black as well. I'm going to stick those G5's in my garage for the time being. I want some black Panasports or a copy thereof. I want the stealth look for grins.
                      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 01-06-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

cool. my buddy has an 81 280zx Turbo. Its an auto though.

Comment

I thought you were getting something else because the FD was expensive and high maintenance ?!?

-Tony

Comment

OMG ITS AWESOME

Comment

that's pretty sweet. The only thing I don't like about the 80's model 280's are those ugly taillights, but hell I'd still drive it.

Comment

Working...
                              X