D1 Rd.3 Sugo, Mudding PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Rd.3 Sugo, Mudding PHOTOS

My first post here, I think. Some left over pics from D1 at Sugo.
    Saturday morning at Sugo D1 was rained out, which did ruin the chance for "traditional" smokey sideways drift shots. But a lot of other action popped up!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Paul Hansen
    www.sevenphotos.com
    www.avoturboworld.com
    www.apexjapan.com
    Last edited by sevenphotos; 05-18-2005, 06:36 PM.

Dirty
    Judging by the second picture the track looks horrible, know wonder they were flying off.

Comment

Sugo circuit near Sendai, Japan, is an old track. The corner right where they start the drift has a off-camber dip right at the beginning, which is a test of manhood under normal circumstances. It unloads the suspension comprehensively as you enter it, forcing a good approach in a normal circuit racing sense. But as the drifters were approaching it, they were jinking the cars sideways to get that big drift going in front of the doriking and manabu, which had them unloading the suspension as they were going sideways. Instant offs all morning resulted, from the top seeds on down.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
      www.sevenphotos.com
      www.avoturboworld.com
      www.apexjapan.com

Comment

nice pics welcome to the board

Comment

can you post more pics of the hpi fc3s

Comment

Of the Drift Samurai? I can't for a bit, I've sent them off to the magazines for their D1 articles. You can see the rest of the extra images here:
            www.sevenphotos.com/avonews on the AVO news server.

The Drift Samurai is a great guy - gave me a ride in his car around Sugo circuit. Really friendly, quite talkative, though far more worried about me than I was.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
            www.sevenphotos.com
            www.apexjapan.com
            www.avoturboworld.com

Comment

wow!! nice pics.

Comment

i didnt relize how many fc's there are in d1.....

Comment

mmm...brown tastey goodness....

Comment

There's a heck of a lot of cars that don't show up in the regular DVD's and such coming out of Japan, as they are the locals competing for a slot at each of the D1 tour stops in Japan. Each locale has their favorite cars as well, somewhat dependent on the tuning shops in those areas. Sendai, the area around Sugo Circuit, is a bit older and lower income area than the Tokyo/Osaka venues, so the cars that show up are a bit older, bit cheaper.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
                    www.sevenphotos.com
                    www.avoturboworld.com
                    www.apexjapan.com

Comment

Working...
                    X