Engrish drift!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engrish drift!!!1

hehe... I wonder if that is actually a Japanese person making fun of the stereotype.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Hounos
      hehe... I wonder if that is actually a Japanese person making fun of the stereotype.
      I don't think so; when I was in Kyoto I saw a Militaly Surplus store. It's really common over there, the whole l to r thing. It's because you cant translate the l sound over there so sometimes they substitute the L sound to an R sound and vice versa when it's not even necessary.

Comment

And so I present to you...the epitome of Japanese culture. A dolphin pilot on a jungle mission.

Comment

he he i love engrish.com... so funny...

Comment

in the japanese language there is no l's. there are r's which happen to be the closest sound (i guess) so they use those. the characters you hear, both hiragana and kata kana, are ra, ri, ru, re, and ro. i couldn't tell you much more than that but that's how it is.

Comment

Yea you're right there is no way to translate a true 'L' in Japanese, just gota substitute. Thats weird because they use Kanji and Chinese use it too... They have the 'L' sound.

When I stayed at the Miyako Inn, in Little Tokyo in LA the staff would butcher both my names. My first name starts with an L and my last name starts with an R so theyed get it backwards and it came out pretty funny.

Comment

yes there is no la li lu le lo..so that confuses many japanese people...so its right to them

Comment

BUT engrish.com is pretty damn funny

Comment

coor

Comment

Working...
                    X