My Levin update (cellphone pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Levin update (cellphone pictures)

Engine now all fully in. My mechanic (MR Tuning - www.mrtuning.co.uk) made his own engine mounts and gearbox mounts and also 10mm spacers between chassis and front cross member (mainly for engine clearance but also lower CofG). We decided to run a Opel 2.0 16v engine tuned by Cosworth and a Ford gearbox using an ally bellhousing adapter. The Ford end of the propshaft was cut and machined and TiG welded onto the Toyota propshaft.

I've fitted some T3 NCRCA's and chopped my TRD springs down one coil so it looks a bit better while it's in the workshop. The standard ride height was upsetting me So I chopped 'em down with the angle grinder. Rims are Compomotive 7J zero offset. They look pretty fat due to the NCRCA's. Going to lower it a lot more once my Ground Control coilover kit arrives. Then all that's left is radiator, oil cooler, power steering lines, fuel lines and different fuel pump. Also cage needs finishing and inside needs painting.

The stock engine runs 155hp on injection, but mine is running twin Weber 48's with some cams and a dizzy-less 3D ignition system. Should be 200bhp. Plenty for a 850kb hachi!

Anyway..the pics...

That's awesome. I'd put one of those in my chevette if I had the money to import it. Good luck with the cool swap.

Comment

dang yo!

Comment

Can't get away from that good ol' ford power.

Comment

ineedaliscense, good taste in music dude. dillinger is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Comment

very nice...do you drive competitively?

Comment

Yeah, I used to do circuit racing, but now just drifting. I won the UK D1 Championship in '02 and came 3rd in '03 but haven't done much since. Mainly from not having a car. I had a GZE powered AE86 which was just my touge car which was real fun. But once this car is running I plan on winning some more events...I got a vid of my old AE86 if you want to see?

James

Comment

Working...
              X