New look for the Drifting IROC-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New look for the Drifting IROC-Z

Finished up my suspension, took me a while because I'm a NOOB at working on cars. Next up is a trip to the welders for some chassis work and then just some fine tuning before the next Drift Session ...

Sweet. Any 3/4 profile shots?

Comment

Looks nice!!!

Comment

NICE, I always liked the 82-84 Z28 hoods and it doesn't hurt that there glass. what rims are those do you drift on those 18's

have you ever drifted your 91 Z28?

Comment

Thanks! I dont have any profile shots yet, but next set of pics will be the car in action so I'll try to get some while I'm pitting. Yeah that hood is pretty cool, and its light too. Its already cracking but I cant complain because it was free. At least I dont have to worry about crashing and banging it up right?? heheh!! Those wheels are ROH ZS 17x8.5 fronts and 17x9.5 rear. I'm running 235/40/17 Dunlop FM901's in front and whatever I can find for free on back (currently 235/45/17 Kumho). I do use these rims to drift along with a set of 89 Corvette 17x9.5's for the rear and adapters (so 3 sets for rears in 17). I tried to drift the Z28 once at the track with 275's on the back (car is SC) but I was really crappy because I was afraid to crash it and ruin the nice paint. This car is much better because I dont mind scratching it up. Here's the only other pic I have of the car right now, sitting next to my Z28:

Comment

wow I thought they where the ROH ZS's but the lack of side wall through me off thats why I thought they where 18's, looks good

I need another thirdgen

Comment

Look's awesome. That green makes my pee-pee go.... they share simular body styles of my supra sexy *Censored**Censored**Censored* IROC-Z.
              Last edited by emission; 06-17-2005, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! Looks like I wont be able to get the chassis stuff installed before the next track event, ran out of time. I'm gonna be going to Vegas next week for about 2 weeks, go go go megabucks!! hahahaha. Soon as I get back the track event is the following Saturday so not enough time. After thats done with the car will probably be downed for 2 months while I replace the entire drivetrain (Alum head high compression L98, built G-Force T5 w/ alum flywheel, Spool'd 10 bolt w/ 3,73's). Spend more time working on the damn thing than drifting it!! But I guess its all worth it in the end.

Comment

Working...
                X