Skyline crash @ Formula Drift Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFD
    And people always complain why FD has such strict safety rules. I'm glad that he was ok!
    SCCA PRO RACING sanctioning has those requirements for accidents just like that.

Helps to follow that SCCA rule book when putting safety into the car.

I'd rather be heavier and safer than lighter and vulnerable.

Another point is you gotta be able to walk away from the car before competing because it definitely requires you to push it out there.
    That bump he locked up on set my car down to the ground in full drift. I got back to Albuquerque with the test pipe on my exhaust hanging by a bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by venommaxr33
      The driver of the Skyline when it crashed I am told was from Team Bubba Drift. He drove the El Camino the next day and was knocked out of the tandam run by the Supra. Great Event!!!
      please make sure your info is correct before you post next time, all the info you needed to know to make this post correctly could have been easily found here

www.bubbadrift.com

im driving the el camino and have been all of 2005, derrick was driving the skyline b/c his new 240z didnt get finished in time for houston, however in 2004 he did drive the el camino, but now i am driving it,

not to be rude but ive never wrecked a car, and i fought my way into top 16 and i was just tryign to set the record straight, sorry if you find that offensive but im just trying to set the facts straight, as i dont want to have peopel thinking i wrecked the car as im driving the el camino now, and i just wnated to make sure my name and crap was clear of any confusion. again, not to be rude, just tryign to let everyone know that wasnt me, and who i am. derrick is still part of the bubba drift team so there is some confusion and a lot of people still dont know, but i made this post to try to 1) clear up confusion and 2) fix the misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
        please make sure your info is correct before you post next time, all the info you needed to know to make this post correctly could have been easily found here

www.bubbadrift.com

im driving the el camino and have been all of 2005, derrick was driving the skyline b/c his new 240z didnt get finished in time for houston, however in 2004 he did drive the el camino, but now i am driving it,

not to be rude but ive never wrecked a car, and i fought my way into top 16 and i was just tryign to set the record straight, sorry if you find that offensive but im just trying to set the facts straight, as i dont want to have peopel thinking i wrecked the car as im driving the el camino now, and i just wnated to make sure my name and crap was clear of any confusion. again, not to be rude, just tryign to let everyone know that wasnt me, and who i am. derrick is still part of the bubba drift team so there is some confusion and a lot of people still dont know, but i made this post to try to 1) clear up confusion and 2) fix the misinformation.
        Plus, after Atlanta, backup cars are no longer allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
          that was the first video i saw of the accident. the poor car is sitting in my garage while i contemplate what i'm going to make of it. can't figure out if i should try to fix the car, or drop it all into a 240. oh well.
          You can always give it to me.

Sorry to hear about that. Never fun. Least the driver was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters

www.bubbadrift.com

Mike,

I editted the first post to inform everyone it was not you driving.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Gary
            Last edited by NM Drift Group; 06-30-2005, 09:03 AM.

Comment

nah the 1st post was fine, just a lot of people / media said derrick was driving 1st event, dont know theres a different driver, dont knwo whats goign on and i was just tryign to clear that up

Comment

Originally posted by NM Drift Group
                I remember you and that was Doug you were helpin out. Good guy just like you.

Good luck to you in your 240 and pm me for a hat and shirt(when they come in)

Gary
                yeah, it was Doug Van Den Brink

Comment

Working...
                X