Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kazama v/s rhys irwindale vid

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...port/pagenum/2

my superstreet mag said kazama advanced.. i just dont see that..

kazama is awesome but i just dont see how he advanced

I was there when that happend

I know a lot of people (including me sorta) thought that because of that near pass on the second run Rhys should have advanced.

But now that I watch the video again a little closer it looks like Rhys might have corrected a little bit on the first run when they were on the bank, and on the second Run he didn't go as high on the bank as Kazama did so maybe those two factors out weighed the near pass towards the end.

Im not an official D1 judge or anything though so I could be totally wrong..thats just my deduction based on what I saw.

Comment

werd i'm not saying there might not be factors that would have made it more obvious that kazama won.. but rhys held more angle too in the 1/3 mile section.. wayy more.. and was much better on that part of the line. i dont know.. just wanna see what other ppl think .. thanks for you views

Comment

that run was sweet! rhys should be in D1 for all events instead of forumla d. he is a very good driver.

Comment

buy the option video, watch the whole thing, see how theyre judging, then realise that rhys lost, fair an square.

good run though- and Rhys ALWAYS has more angle than ANYONE at irwindale. hes got so much steering angle that its insane.

Comment

Originally posted by s13daver
            that run was sweet! rhys should be in D1 for all events instead of forumla d. he is a very good driver.

I think Formula D fits the marketing goals of his main sponsor Pontiac much better than D1 would.

Comment

who knows, you may see him in Japan for a race or 2 if Pontiac forks up the dough.

Comment

I agree with the judges. Although kazama almost got passed by Rhys, kazama held rhy off and was able to keep his lead over him. That plus the first drift he did on the second run was amazing. Rhys is an awesome driver tho, im sure he and kazama will meet again.

Comment

its not so obvious, but even though kazama doesn't have as much angle, he doesn't correct once, it keeps it flowing through the whole run. rhys accelerates too much, hence him braking too harshly etc. his run isn't as fluent as kazama's, more jolting and he corrects a couple of times, even though small corrections, they are corrections never the less

Comment

On the 2nd run Rhys has a shallow first bank, and misses the line in the righthander. But his angle, and hitting Kazama with his right rear corner should give him unlimited points

Comment

after waching round 3 and seeing how the judges cheat for their boy Kazama, I am absolutely sure that if the runs were switched that they would have choosen Kazama as the victor.

Comment

wen was this....

Comment

Working...
                        X