Finland Drifting (VIDEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finland Drifting (VIDEO)

Hi all and greetings from Finland! Drifting is still very small over here but we already had two competitions this summer. Here's a video from the second one (approximately 35Mb):
    CLICK
    The competition was won by the quest star Kenneth Moen from Norway with his white S15 Silvia. 2nd best was the red Opel Ascona (second car running) and 3rd the black BMW E30 turbo.

Originally posted by FreeThinker
    I think I heard about this event. Wasn't Dahlback supposed to come with his new drift Polo or the Golf RSI converted to RWD??

Anyway, the guys back at the shop will be happy to see footage from the event.

If you haven't heard of us check out www.Ter-Tech.com
    owned by Harri ja Hannu Tervola mika on Soumilainen

Yea, my Finnish is terrible but I hear it so much I think one day I will just wake up and speak it naturally, haha

-Sean

www.Ter-Tech.com
    Hi Sean, Dahlbäck was there with his ultra fast Golf 4WD but only drove on the normal "non-drift" sessions. I know Ter-Tech and have a Turbonetics turbo for my Silvia on it's way from ya some time soon, ordered by my friend Jani who knows the owners Small world, isn't it?

-Markus
    Last edited by Opposite Lock; 08-26-2005, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Nice going guys.

I was there for the very first Extreme Event at Alastaro.
      But i blew my engine during the mornings practice -
      & was lent an S2000 (the yellow one) for the rest of the day

Comment

Hmm... are some of those cars Opels?

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
          Hmm... are some of those cars Opels?
          Yup, quite a few actually... Old model Opels like Ascona and Reckord seem pretty popular over here, dunno why though.

Kristian: I remember seeing a video of you in the S2000 in Alastaro, any plans to come drifting here this year or the next?

-Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Lock
            Yup, quite a few actually... Old model Opels like Ascona and Reckord seem pretty popular over here, dunno why though.

Kristian: I remember seeing a video of you in the S2000 in Alastaro, any plans to come drifting here this year or the next?

-Markus

Markus - I really hope so for 2006 -
            Alastaro is a super track.
            & Mikael the Extreme organizer is a super guy.

Anyways.
            are there any other tracks in Finland that are a lot thighter than Alastaro ?

regards /

Comment

Originally posted by KristianAE86
              are there any other tracks in Finland that are a lot thighter than Alastaro ?
              Ahvenisto is a very nice and tight driver's track but the walls are right there if something goes wrong, basicly no safety areas anywhere. I was there yesterday for a trackday and the brakes went off of the MR2 turbo I was passenger in. Nothing could be done to avoid hitting the wall, lucky enough the speed wasn't high enough to get me or the driver injured. Just a sore neck for me...

-Markus

Comment

There is a similar thread for this event already.

Hope to see you kristian here in Finland next year. We have some "nice" drifters coming out too Alastaro is great track for drifting, Ahvenisto could be too, but it has so small safety areas that you don't want to drift there.

We were at Gotland ring last friday and I just fall in love to that track. That was awesome with those great driftable corners and all up and downhills. It's just great!

What about King Of Europe last weekend? You were registered to participate there, how was the race?

-Jore

Comment

Whoop, had no idea that my countryman had already put my video linked over here too... Well, should've used the search but somehow it didn't even cross my mind that it would already be here.

-Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Jore

What about King Of Europe last weekend? You were registered to participate there, how was the race?

-Jore
                    Hi !

i didn´t go to KOE.

Cause of a very good reason....

The organizers had recently aquired a new person that was going to work with them...
                    The crazy german - Kim Scmidtz - Thats enough for me - not to go.

k

Comment

Originally posted by KristianAE86
                      Hi !
                      The organizers had recently aquired a new person that was going to work with them...
                      The crazy german - Kim Scmidtz - Thats enough for me - not to go.
                      LOL. What is your problem with Kimble? Big man and even bigger talks, but the fact is that he can make almost everything possible because of his financial situation.

-Jore

Comment

Working...
                      X