Project FD3S... still going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project FD3S... still going

Well, the 7 project is comming along nicely. About 2 months ago I decided to ditch the upgraded twins and go for a more simple setup so I dont have to spend 2 days trying to figure out what caused what problem... The first pics are of what the car looked like and the last are of the instalation.

Engine
    Engine Code: 13B-REW
    Type: 1.3L Rotary, Twin Turbo
    External Modificatins: Garrett TO4-R Turbo, HKS Racing 38mm Wastegate, Custom Downpipe, Tubular Manifold, Generic Intake ,Greddy PE Exhaust, Bonez Midpipe, Greddy Underdrive Pullies, Greddy 3 Row FMIC, Greddy Type R BOV, Supra Fuel Pump, Rc Engineering 1300CC Secondary Injectors, Custom Water Injection Kit, Greddy Oil Catch Can
    Engine Management Modifications: Apex'i Power FC stand alone ECU, Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller

Drivetrain
    Layout: FR
    Drivetrain Modifications: ACT Extreme Street/Strip Clutch

Suspension
    Front: JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers, JIC Strut Tower Bar
    Rear: JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers, JIC Strut Tower Bar

Exterior
    Wheels: 18x8.5-in. (F) & 18x9.5-in. (R) Work Rezax
    Body: 99 Spec Turn Signals, Custom 99 Spec Front Bumper, 99 Spec Front Lip, Custom Oil Cooler Duct, FEED Vented Headlight Cover

Interior
    JIC Bucket Racing Seat, B&M Short Shift Kit, RAZO Drift Shift Knob, Gotham Racing Commander Holder, Momo Racing Steering Wheel

then:

now:

That is one of the nicest FDs I've seen, i wouldn't even drift that if it were mine way to nice,

Comment

damn...two FD3S!!! You rich biatch. I'd probably have to sell a arm and a leg and a kidney to afford half of one FD (i'd take the front half if i had to choose). That FD is nice though.

Comment

Nice FD. I wanted to go single on mine but its way too expensive. Why not go 1600cc secondaries?

Comment

1300s are just fine for around 400rwhp on pump gas and after that I would use race. The reason I am sticking with 1300s is because it doesnt add complication to the fuel system with the need of resistors and the like. The purpose of this project was to get rid of as much complication as possible.

Comment

Love the car. Thanks for the support!

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
              1300s are just fine for around 400rwhp on pump gas and after that I would use race. The reason I am sticking with 1300s is because it doesnt add complication to the fuel system with the need of resistors and the like. The purpose of this project was to get rid of as much complication as possible.
              True im almost done w/ my project as well. I have your old set up pretty much. Im done w/ my engine just need to upgrade my footwork a little more. Swaping out my tokicos and H&Rs for some zeal b2s.

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                Love the car. Thanks for the support!
                Well, thanks for the parts. The FLT-A2's are deffinatly my favorite part, the car feels like its on rails. Ben has been really helpful in getting me the stuff I need for this car. Tell him I think I deserve the carbon ti exhaust. We should start filming the car for HSR Type-C pretty soon.

Comment

Well, thanks for the parts. The FLT-A2's are deffinatly my favorite part, the car feels like its on rails. Ben has been really helpful in getting me the stuff I need for this car. Tell him I think I deserve the carbon ti exhaust. We should start filming the car for HSR Type-C pretty soon.
                  I will let him know. Again, the car looks wonderful. Do you have pictures of your car on the track or any kind of action shots?

Comment

not as of yet.. soon as it gets tuned we will. I tried out the old setup (upgraded twins) but the transition would always mess me up so I went with the single. The great thing is that we have some nice turbo weather comming up in the mid-atlantic area.

Comment

Sweet, so this must be the fd that I saw at Fed Ex field Maryland Drift showoff at the parking lot. We were just walking by and took some pics of it, and you were sitting in the car.

Comment

yeah, that would have been me.. unfortunatly I wasnt able to participate for that one because I origionally had other plans and missed the registration for it. I will be there next year. I am going to start really practicing with the new setup in Jan with the lookoutdrift guys down in richmond. What sucks is that there are no legal practices in the DC area or then some friends that have parking lots that they let us use.

Comment

yeah, that would have been me.. unfortunatly I wasnt able to participate for that one because I origionally had other plans and missed the registration for it. I will be there next year. I am going to start really practicing with the new setup in Jan with the lookoutdrift guys down in richmond. What sucks is that there are no legal practices in the DC area or then some friends that have parking lots that they let us use.
                          That's sweet, I would love to see you drifting that thing. If ever get a job and have actual money I'll enter some of these events and show everyone what an open diff can do.

Comment

yeah, they can get expensive to say the least with around 100 bucks for even a practice.. The drifting is going to be pretty ragged the first few runs since its basically a different car. The powerband will be different and even the weight as the car shed around 100lbs with all the stuff I removed. But that said, I cant wait to get out there...

Comment

Working...
                            X