X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More E30 Drifter :)

There It is, built January 2005,
    will be changed soon for 4 door model.
    BEcause it's 325e and after boosting this engine, I need a new one.
    Also car was in the accident before i bought this, so chambers and toes are all different. http://www.southeastdrift.com/images...5/pages/8.html
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images.../DSC00126.html
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images...s/DSC00127.jpg
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images.../DSC00209.html
    thanks Chris for pix

Originally posted by takakumi_suti
    There It is, built January 2005,
    will be changed soon for 4 door model.
    BEcause it's 325e and after boosting this engine, I need a new one.
    Also car was in the accident before i bought this, so chambers and toes are all different. http://www.southeastdrift.com/images...5/pages/8.html
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images.../DSC00126.html
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images...s/DSC00127.jpg
    http://www.southeastdrift.com/images.../DSC00209.html
    thanks Chris for pix
    sweet, its good to see more peopel realizing that these cars are now cheaper than ae86s (glorified with the drifitng craze) and at the same time put out decent tire shredding power!

BTW, i've seen a lil drift vid with your car in it! sweet!

Comment

E30 have been use alot over here,Julian Smith put one to its best use(He now does a bit of driving for HKS europe in the RS2 S15)

His new project e30 has the straight 6 from the E46 M3

Few pic of his old e30 with an E30 M3 under the hood

Comment

Wow, the Euros are out in full force

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
          Wow, the Euros are out in full force
          seriously, we need to open the rest of the communities eyes as another strong contender.

the 30 325is in NA version drifts like and ae86 but if you want more power, its relatively cheap to build a turbo for it since the compression is already 8.8:1. E30s are easly making 250whp-300whp on garage/junk yard turbo parts! that will give it the drift characteristics of the s13!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Ae86 Irl
            E30 have been use alot over here,Julian Smith put one to its best use(He now does a bit of driving for HKS europe in the RS2 S15)

His new project e30 has the straight 6 from the E46 M3

Few pic of his old e30 with an E30 M3 under the hood

thats sweet! but why did he decide to use the s14 (e30 m3 motor) instead of the stock motor?

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y
              thats sweet! but why did he decide to use the s14 (e30 m3 motor) instead of the stock motor?
              That's what I wanted to know. The S14 is a high-revver and a known to be a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*. You could easily drop a turbo on one of the 6's and spend less then it'd cost for the S14 swap.

But hey, it's a cool and unpopular/not overdone swap so that might play into his reasoning. I'm not sure if I want an E30 325 or E36 yet as my next car. Which ever car I get will be turbocharged. Speaking of which, how much would a turbo manifold for an E30 325i(s) cost? I'm assuming there are companies making them so you don't have to do a one off which would suck as I have no welding experience.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
                That's what I wanted to know. The S14 is a high-revver and a known to be a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*. You could easily drop a turbo on one of the 6's and spend less then it'd cost for the S14 swap.

But hey, it's a cool and unpopular/not overdone swap so that might play into his reasoning. I'm not sure if I want an E30 325 or E36 yet as my next car. Which ever car I get will be turbocharged. Speaking of which, how much would a turbo manifold for an E30 325i(s) cost? I'm assuming there are companies making them so you don't have to do a one off which would suck as I have no welding experience.
                haha, this is probably going to knock you off your feet but most people use the turbo diesel manifold from the 524td it bolts right on with lil modification and it usually costs about 100 bucks from the salvage yard. better yet it has a T3 flange stock with external wastegate!!! that is so insane and greatly decreases the cost to turbo an e30! You can custom fab a kit up with decent parts for less than $1500!!!!!

I spent well over 8k on my e36 turbo, so the e30 might be the best and most cost effective route to go. not to menthion that the e30 is a stiffer chassis than the e36 and is a much cheaper car nowadays. you can have a boosted 30 for less than 8k including the car!!!

Comment

The s14 M3 engine pushes out 220 bhp and weights alot less than the stock 2.5. If the car is set up right 200-250 is more than enough for a e30.

The owner of that is building another E30 with the E46 M3 engine in it pushing out 400bhp(N/A).He has even cut the bulk head so he can position the engine further back for better ballance,

This is Julian Smith driving one of his other cars(R32)
                  http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17094

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Ae86 Irl
                    The s14 M3 engine pushes out 220 bhp and weights alot less than the stock 2.5. If the car is set up right 200-250 is more than enough for a e30.

The owner of that is building another E30 with the E46 M3 engine in it pushing out 400bhp(N/A).He has even cut the bulk head so he can position the engine further back for better ballance,

This is Julian Smith driving one of his other cars(R32)
                    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17094

yeah, too bad the US e30 only puts down 190hp...daym american emmisions!

Comment

yeah more e30 owners!!

seriously, we need to open the rest of the communities eyes as another strong contender.

the 30 325is in NA version drifts like and ae86 but if you want more power, its relatively cheap to build a turbo for it since the compression is already 8.8:1. E30s are easly making 250whp-300whp on garage/junk yard turbo parts! that will give it the drift characteristics of the s13!
                      For reals, most people don't even kno the potential of this car.
                      The m20 is such a solid engine, and a gas saver too.
                      I know guys running with over 250k and
                      thats with no engine rebuild too and it runs smooth.
                      Also these cars are getting cheap too.And most of them are in pretty
                      good condition compared to most s13/ae86 that i see for sale.
                      I'm lookin at a 4dr 325i for only $500. And I found a M50(e36) engine for $750 w/accessories.

haha, this is probably going to knock you off your feet but most people use the turbo diesel manifold from the 524td it bolts right on with lil modification and it usually costs about 100 bucks from the salvage yard.
                      I got my for $85 at pick-n-pull.

Comment

btw that is 325e second car will be 4 door 325i
                        black 325e has turbo and is built with a budget 3000$( not counting our own labor)
                        #1 team car is e34 with little over 500+whp
                        click here for some videos.

Comment

what do people usually use for an ecu? stand alone?

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                            yeah more e30 owners!!

For reals, most people don't even kno the potential of this car.
                            The m20 is such a solid engine, and a gas saver too.
                            I know guys running with over 250k and
                            thats with no engine rebuild too and it runs smooth.
                            Also these cars are getting cheap too.And most of them are in pretty
                            good condition compared to most s13/ae86 that i see for sale.
                            I'm lookin at a 4dr 325i for only $500. And I found a M50(e36) engine for $750 w/accessories.

I got my for $85 at pick-n-pull.
                            I would skip on the m50 engine in an e30, it cost a hole lot more to turbocharge that motor because of the lack of room in the e30 engine bay with the m/s50 motor. That motor is great IMO for either N/A in an e30 or perhaps a vortech SC

Ive spent well over 9k-10k in my motor alone in my e36 so that it can put out 550whp

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick
                              what do people usually use for an ecu? stand alone?
                              the stock ecu, can take a 24lb injector with a fuel pressure regulator which would be good for about 250-280whp. Rumor has it though that you can run 30lb injectors on stock ecu but i will need to verify that

as for standalone, you can use the ever so popular megasquirt or you can just use piggy back fuel units like the HKS AFR or apexi afc

Comment

Working...
                              X