400+ D1GP USA vs JPN pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400+ D1GP USA vs JPN pics

Im not sure if Im the first to post "official" coverage or not but I have all of mine up.

Typically the gallaries are for registered members (registration is free) but I figure since this D1 was history making I'll just put up the link to the gallary and leave the decision to register up to you guys.

Every pic you see I also have hi-res unedited copies of so if any one is interested in those for a wall paper or whatever then hit me up.

Here are the pics V562

NOTE: the thumbnails got a little mixed up in there somehow but just click on them anyway you'll get a picture..make a game of it! will the pic match the thumnail or will it be something else? ooooo ya dont know do ya? how mysterious...

Wow...great stuff....while everyone else is still trying to get stuff up, you've got 400 pics up already? Don't you sleep?

Good job.

Comment

cool we need thse on the teck forum..lol

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
        Im not sure if Im the first to post "official" coverage or not but I have all of mine up.

Typically the gallaries are for registered members (registration is free) but I figure since this D1 was history making I'll just put up the link to the gallary and leave the decision to register up to you guys.

Every pic you see I also have hi-res unedited copies of so if any one is interested in those for a wall paper or whatever then hit me up.

Here are the pics V562

NOTE: the thumbnails got a little mixed up in there somehow but just click on them anyway you'll get a picture..make a game of it! will the pic match the thumnail or will it be something else? ooooo ya dont know do ya? how mysterious...
        not sure how you mess up thumbnails....

but there's some cool shots in there.

what camera were you guys using?

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
          Wow...great stuff....while everyone else is still trying to get stuff up, you've got 400 pics up already? Don't you sleep?

Good job.
          sleep is for the weeaaaaakkkkk! *raises my fist in a menacing fashion*..j/k Really though..Thank you sir! I figure everyone was still up since the event was so exciting and all but none of the other sites I frequented had any coverage up so I'd thought I'd just tough it out for a little longer and throw mine up.

I probably took closer to 800 pics all together but I had to delete a lot.

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          not sure how you mess up thumbnails....

but there's some cool shots in there.

what camera were you guys using?
          Let me tell you something mister..it takes a special person to mess up thumbnails ok!?

But seriously this is how it happend: Obviously all the thumbnails have to have the same file names as the larger pictures..at least thats the way my gallery works.

SO.. I use this program called image brander to watermark my pictures but when it adds the watermark it renames the files by number so to make the thumbnail file names match I add a really small 1x1 pixel watermark to those as well..but some how an extra picture got in the thumbnails so it threw off the numbers by one. So thats why the thumbnails are one picture off.

So that explains that.

The camera I used is a Canon EOS 10D. From what I understand its an outdated model but still pretty widely used. This weekend was actually the first time I've ever used a Digital SLR camera period so the whole thing was a learning experience.

My friend RJ was kind enough to let me use his camera to cover this event and even had some time to teach me a few of the settings.

It's so much more fun taking pictures with an SLR digital than it is with a regular camera..I didn't have one of those bazooka barrel looking zoom lens though. Im sure who ever was sporting one of those probably got better pics. But Im happy with what I got and I appreciate the positive feedback!

Thanks guys!
          Last edited by MonkeySlide; 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Fantastic pics! Great shots, Inada looks pimp in his trenchcaot!
            Last edited by ArchangelX; 12-18-2005, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Great pictures!!

Comment

i think i figured it out...the picture above the picture you click on is the pic that will come up

Comment

i'm just givin ya crap... yes it DOES take a special skill to screw up thumbnails (I've done it before!)

do you know what lens he had?

looks like you got the hang of it towards the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                    i'm just givin ya crap... yes it DOES take a special skill to screw up thumbnails (I've done it before!)

do you know what lens he had?

looks like you got the hang of it towards the end!
                    The lens is a Canon ultrasonic eh..it says 28-135mm

Comment

did they change the course layout for this one? (from the old layout)

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                        did they change the course layout for this one? (from the old layout)
                        Yes they did. Imagine if your sitting in the grandstands facing the track head on.

Before they would drift the banked turn on the left side and then hit a hairpin on the right side after the middle clipping point.

This year they flipped it..so now they would drift the bank on the right side hit the middle clipping point and hairpin was on the left.

Comment

ooh the thumbnails seem fixed THANKS!
                          http://www.v562.com/gallery/051217_pgg/photos/136.jpg
                          are these holes in tanners bumper or vinyls. because they look ugly to me its like the nfsu bodykits almost.
                          Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 12-19-2005, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                            ooh the thumbnails seem fixed THANKS!
                            http://www.v562.com/gallery/051217_pgg/photos/136.jpg
                            are these holes in tanners bumper or vinyls. because they look ugly to me its like the nfsu bodykits almost.
                            Ah you're welcome but Im not sure if the thumbnails are totally fixed yet.

And yeah those are holes in Tanner's bumper. They might seem ugly but they help reduce drag.

When air gets under the car it can push against the inside of the rear bumper which can cause drag and slow him down so they punched those holes in there so any air that gets trapped in the bumper can escape.

They do the same thing on drag race cars.

Comment

i see...yes the thumbnails still have a problem but it seems that some have been fixed. im not sure how much drag would affect his driving anyways....its not a race. but whatever its his car

Comment

Working...
                              X