ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jan 21, 2006 - Drift Session, Group A Competition Video featuring Drift Tengoku!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 21, 2006 - Drift Session, Group A Competition Video featuring Drift Tengoku!

Jan 21, 2006 - Drift Session, Group A Competition Video

Drift Tengoku visits the Drift Session, and even competes! Ryusuke Kawasaki, Editor-in-Chief of Doriten, made a special visit to the Drift Session for our Round 1 event of 2006. Along with Kenji Yamanaka, Formula D driver, they both tore up the track, and Kawasaki-san even took part in the competition!

All in all, a very exciting competition...and it was a pleasure to have Drift Tengoku as guests.

Please RIGHT-CLICK-SAVE-AS!
    Jan 21, 2006 -- Drift Session, GROUP A Competition

Be on the look out for the upcoming music video detailing the first DS competition of 2006!
    Last edited by ArchangelX; 01-27-2006, 05:20 AM.

Apparently, half the link was screwed up and pointing to the wrong video file (11/12/05 Video)...I fixed it, and it's now pointing to the 1/21/06 video. So take a look again if you watched something old.

Comment

thanks for posting, drift session videos are always well done and entertaining!

Comment

Thanks Aaron...I appreciate the comments. Espescially after I get a gazillion views and only a few posts. I hope everyone enjoys them...this last DS was hilarious...Kawasaki really hammed it up in typical doriten fashion. It was like being in an Option video or something.

Comment

quality video, i like the camera position on the corner that connects the sweeper to the off camber turn

Comment

why is it that when you loose your drift halfway into the sweeper then grip the rest of the course you get 40 points but when you kickass up untill the chicane then spin you get 0?

other than that nice vids, more tandems
            Last edited by my 1 88 u; 01-27-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dream...that's my usual spot..the track is nice because we can get really close to the cars. Then again, these are usually the better drivers, so you feel comfortable...hehehe.

Thanks for the compliments, to answer your questions, spinouts are automatic 0s. A spinout is a total loss of control...everything else isn't. It's like playing a video game...you kick azz all the way up to the end boss, only to get smooshed, welps..you don't exactly win. Just the name of the game...

In my opinion, Tandems cost money...a very SMALL percentage of our drivers are sponsored...I'm talking one or two. Doing tandems and whacking into someone costs some serious cash if you screw it up. These guys already put their heart and soul, and their wallets into drifting. Tandem is for sponsored cars that can afford to lose an entire right side of a car every event, etc.

I don't think many people can afford to smash the crap outta their car every event...
              Last edited by ArchangelX; 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchangelX
                Thanks for the compliments, to answer your questions, spinouts are automatic 0s. A spinout is a total loss of control...everything else isn't. It's like playing a video game...you kick azz all the way up to the end boss, only to get smooshed, welps..you don't exactly win. Just the name of the game...
                and gripping during a drift comp is like using a cheat code, correcting is one thing but gripping should be an automatic 0 as well

Comment

I don't see the correlation really. They're judged on their angle, speed, and smoke...if they have no angle because they're gripping, then they're judged accordingly. That 40 was judged for half a run basically. That's how it works.

I honestly don't see the problem...that's how D1 has been doing it since it started, as well as most other competitions. Spin = Crap Out.

Comment

I don't see the correlation really. They're judged on their angle, speed, and smoke...if they have no angle because they're gripping, then they're judged accordingly. That 40 was judged for half a run basically. That's how it works.

I honestly don't see the problem...that's how D1 has been doing it since it started, as well as most other competitions. Spin = Crap Out.
                    In D1, spinning, off course , severe understeer and loosing drift for a extended period= 0

Kolu Lau and Ryusuke did not deserve 40 points for their runs
                    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 01-27-2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                      In D1, spinning, off course , severe understeer and loosing drift for a extended period= 0

Kolu Lau and Ryusuke did not deserve 40 points for their runs
                      Well, anyways...I don't agree. When it comes down to it, this isn't D1, this isn't Formula D...this is Drift Session. We make our rules for our own competition. Until we decide to change it, that's how it stands. We've been doing this since before 2001, so we've already made up our mind how we want to run our comps for the most part.

But regardless, it's interesting to discuss, and you made good points. Thanks for the discussion.
                      Last edited by ArchangelX; 01-27-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Well, anyways...I don't agree. When it comes down to it, this isn't D1, this isn't Formula D...this is Drift Session. We make our rules for our own competition. Until we decide to change it, that's how it stands. We've been doing this since before 2001, so we've already made up our mind how we want to run our comps for the most part.

But regardless, it's interesting to discuss, and you made good points. Thanks for the discussion.

I respect that and appreciate the videos you contribute

Comment

good vid man...

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            I respect that and appreciate the videos you contribute
                            We always discuss things like this...so it's good for things like this to be pointed out. Thanks for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                            X