X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD Qualifier #2 (Video) 9 MIN, 45MB

Top 15 from the Formula Drift Qualifier Rd2 – 1 views
    The 3 judged laps of each of the top 15 finishers at the Formula Drift Qualifier held in Houston, Tx on 2/18/06. The runs are ordered from highest finisher to 15th position.

video at: http://www.bubbadrift.com/album/disp...album=27&pos=0

More videos coming as i get time

James

Damn harri was consistant and hella fast entry why did he score so low compairitivly?

Comment

i think its his line, and if you watched his front wheels they were pointed all over the place. he also straightened out a couple times. had a lot of angle though, just a lot of small mistakes.

harri is a good driver, and that car is a handful, the track wasnt his freind that day.

Comment

why did that 86 get a liscense again?

Comment

are you serious? his runs were near flawless. good entry, good line, good angle, no real mistakes, he had really good runs.

Comment

so spins are acceptable now? i dont know what your seeing. are we watching the same video.. you said these were qualifying runs right?

Comment

Who set up that course? Did Formula D hire DriftDay LLC. to do it?

From the view in the video it looked sort of narrow on that short section right before the clipping point.

Im not sure what line the drivers were being judged on..I just assumed that it was a far outside to clipping point line but with all the water puddles on the outter edge and that narrow looking section it just seemed like it was really freakin hard for the drivers to do what they wanted to do.

Does anyone know exactly what type of line they were being judged on? Any of the judges here?

Comment

Line ! Whats That ..we're All Supposed To Go Spin Out There.

Comment

they were judging entry speed and angle of the car in the first corner, i was there and i saw Chris F test run the layout early and he keep his line tight to the inside of the big corner but with a good amount of speed, then the transition of a lower speed was in the first clipping point you had to be in 2nd and close to the 2 cones in order to do it just right to finish. the judges were sitting at the first turn so i don't think the "S" turn was the main focus....alot of people were making the mistake of going to far out on the first corner be cause it was decieving to want to kick up your speed for a big time drift. but all the did was leave you out in the water, spinning trying to slow down or trying to compensate the distance of your bumper and the cliping point. i tell you one thing the track was dry and way better on grip out side of sprinkles, than irwindale wet surface was.

later

Comment

Originally posted by santi
                    so spins are acceptable now? i dont know what your seeing. are we watching the same video.. you said these were qualifying runs right?

I didnt say these were qualifying runs, as obviously they arent. If you were there you'd have seen the ae86's runs and I dont recall how many he spun on, but I do recall watching them and thinking he is the only one who is gonna get a liscence, and I do know he didnt spin in all of them. Honestly I don't recall if he spun in any of his runs.

But I didnt say those were his qualifying runs. I didn't edit the video, and I am not responsible for the editing, or claims of what has been edited here. I am doing my own thing in 2006 and am not associated with the video editor in any way/form/fashion, and would like to keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                      Who set up that course? Did Formula D hire DriftDay LLC. to do it?

From the view in the video it looked sort of narrow on that short section right before the clipping point.

Im not sure what line the drivers were being judged on..I just assumed that it was a far outside to clipping point line but with all the water puddles on the outter edge and that narrow looking section it just seemed like it was really freakin hard for the drivers to do what they wanted to do.

Does anyone know exactly what type of line they were being judged on? Any of the judges here?

I wasn't a judge at the event (even though i got an email saying i was :dunno: ) but from what i was told

entry, wide and dont stop accellerating before the drift, dont coast, dont fart around, full out until entry, wide entry, come in for the clipping pointSSSSS on the end of the 1st corner (there are TWO if you look) , then the rest is obvious, clip the slalom cones. and of course the regular full lock for teh win, dont make mistakes and look like your in control.
                      Last edited by Mike Peters; 02-25-2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I wanna make sure I get this right. So all those guys qualified for FD?

Comment

So all those guys qualified for FD?
                          No, only the top 2 recieved any type of entry in to FD. I just picked the top 15 from the scoring and put them in order from 1st to 15th - results here: http://www.driftday.com/fdtxqualifier_results.htm

I didnt say these were qualifying runs, as obviously they arent.
                          The video is of the 3 judged qualifying runs that each person made.

Comment

thats funny, because harri goes 5 times....

Comment

thats funny, because harri goes 5 times....
                              No, harri's car goes 6 times - they had two different drivers using the same car to try and qualify. They were not the only ones to do that, just some of the others that shared a car didn't make the top 15. Go give your expert opinion somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X