No announcement yet.

My S14 build... finally getting there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no clue my man, it pisses me off though, so many people ask about it, and when they see the clearances, they either want one or offer to buy mine, it truly is a great manifold, im very happy with it, i guess its some customized deal

Comment

Originally posted by s15driftking
      no clue my man, it pisses me off though, so many people ask about it, and when they see the clearances, they either want one or offer to buy mine, it truly is a great manifold, im very happy with it, i guess its some customized deal
      Welp, one things for sure. Hang on to it!!! heh

Comment

welll..... i think im changing the manifold, as well as im in the process of changing alot of other things!!! so who knows, i might change it, we'll seel, im yanking the motor on sunday

Comment

------------------UPDATE #1----------------

not that anyone really cares, BUT, i have finalized a few things as well as sent the block to the machine shop....

Heres the final plan

- bought wiseco 10.5:1 pistons, they have since been milled down to 10.17:1

- bought a thicker .053 cometic Head gasket to take it down to roughly 10.08:1

- we are ridding the head of its quench zones so that it will get the compression to approximately 10:1, (keeping fingers crossed)

- the block is at the machine shop right now being reprepped as well as the deck is being O-ringed, which should make it (the block) capable of handling 34 LBS of boost, though, that would be aroudn the 580 whp area and my rods give out at around 5 so it doesnt matter, im still only going t0 run circa 16 lbs and be able to get 370 whp, and equal torque

- we are doing a mild-moderate port job on the head so it flows better since the motors compression was raised, especially since it needs to spool something larger, hehehhe

- I've since switched to a different turbo as well, its a Garrett GT3040 which is compribly sized to a 60-1, its a smidge to big for what im hoping to achieve, but its dual ball bearing which means it would spool roughly at the same time a non BB turbo would that was of correct size, plus, this turbo gives me room to grow, plus the turbo is the deal of a lifetime

- we still havent figured out a proper clutch for the car, any suggestions are welcome, but keep in mind its for a KA, and les sbrands offer higher stage clutches

- i will be switching from a tial Wastegate, to a JGS wastegate

- i will be switching from a TurboXS blow off valve, to a JGS valve

- and to top it off i will be usingthe old exhaust manifold, because i love it

Thanks for puting up with me guys, bye for now

Comment

Not that anyone cares, but i jsut resolved my electronics issue, i will be running a Greddy emanage with a soon to be added E-01, i think this system will work good for now, and if at a later date i decide to go for higher numbers, ill switch to electromotive,.... or if i suddenly run into 2 G's....lol. Anyways, my deadline for being done is MAY 14th, WISH ME LUCK!!

Comment

New Update

i;m getting there slowly but surely, and have made a drastic last minute decision, ive decided to do a Vmount setup,

heres a non mechanical drawing, just throwing out ideas. ANY COMMENTS or SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated....

ill be using a shroud to route the passed air through the top of the hood

Comment

couple things.
                your idea about compression and how it will affect your power curve is a little optomistic. but have a real professional tune the car, because there is no doubt the car will want to explode on you a little more at 10:1 than a more sane 9:1
                your idea that a duall bb turbo will spool faster is wrong. a bb turbo only has better transiuent response. (a guy with a setup identical to yours except for a slightly smaller non bb turbo will spool faster)
                have fun with the v-mount.

Comment

Originally posted by s13SRmadness
                  couple things.
                  your idea about compression and how it will affect your power curve is a little optomistic. but have a real professional tune the car, because there is no doubt the car will want to explode on you a little more at 10:1 than a more sane 9:1
                  your idea that a duall bb turbo will spool faster is wrong. a bb turbo only has better transiuent response. (a guy with a setup identical to yours except for a slightly smaller non bb turbo will spool faster)
                  have fun with the v-mount.
                  its not optimistic, i've seen it work, and im rather excited, using different programs to calculate power/powerband we found that between 3000-3500 rpm i go from 275 to 375 ft lbs of torque. i have high hopes of success, this is true, but its nothing new, this has been done before, and honestly, if i kill that cometic gasket ill just o-ring the deck and use a SCE copper gasket, and i know from factual truth that that holds 34 lbs of boost on a ka-t, first hand!!

sorry abotu the BB comment, i guess i should have said been more "Efficient" when initial spool begins, yes, i have moves fro mthat GT3082 to a non BB 50 trim .48 for just that reason, like i said, i;ve been working out the kinks etc.

I think the Vmount will be quite easy and i hope my ideas work well, we'll see

as for tuning, i'd never try and do it myself, im not a moron, hehe, dont worry, she'll be tuned correctly no doubt

Comment

on the vmount all I can say is GL.. In theory it looks like you have a good setup but lets see once youve custom fabbed if a) it will even fit proerly and b) if it will even cool properly on the streets...Im not doubting, GL on the build..

ohh and you should look into a some kind of air splitter so the both gat roughly the same amount of air. From the looks of the angle of it, the radiator would seem to pull alot of the air and leave very little for the intercooler. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by s13/350z; 06-13-2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

ok guys, tis gettign closer and closer to D day, hopefully in abotu a week, what a long road its been, but im proud to say that im super excited!!

Comment

any pic updates?

Comment

WOW, its been a while gents, let me show you whats going on now!!

As some of you know, i put my car down in october of 2005 in efforts to take a semi-built car and turn it into a more-built car. Either way, we've made some really good progress lately and i've also buttoned up all the rest of my aesthetical choices...

i also chose to change the manifold setup as well as turbo size. KA has been ovebored to just shy of 2.5 litres

Either way, here are some pics

The head, the quench zones are removed, and polished. The head is finally fully assembles and sittign on top of the block (sorry for no pics of that). But here are a few of the head...

the head

here you can see the Quench zone removed

as far as wheels go, i have new wheels for 2007, 18x10 -2, 18x9 -2 Fabulous Profounds

KAaz 2 way finally going in !!!!

as far as interior, i got real gangster and went with the woodness goodness

and i finally finalized the the rest of the exterior decisions

First. i said *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* zenki, and went kouki

hood, painted to match body

fenders (20mm wider)

as i was originally going with vertex full kit, i changed the front bumper to WORKS9 (supermade)

^^^^^^^^^^^ kit will look like.......

origin roof spoiler

And badda bing, NEw paintjob, (nissan 350z silverstone, is much lighter when sprayed)

and as always, stockpiling 18 inch tires (and rear vertex bumpers)

NEW PICS

Block and head assembled

i like my head clean!!!

Gangrape gold intake manifold

JGS motor mounts

Motor specs
                          KA24DE block bored 0.040 thousandths over (just shy of 2.5 liters)
                          - Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons
                          - Cometic .060 (thicker than stock) Headgasket
                          - Head QZ removed = lower displacement + quicker late combustion sweep
                          - EGR system removed and buttoned up with secondary valves deleted
                          - Ported intake manifold
                          - Effective compression = 10.1:1
                          - ARP head studs Studs
                          - Micropolished crankshaft
                          - complete head and valve overhaul (love starting fresh)

- Custom MurphyBHP tubular Manifold
                          - garrett 50 trim .48AR
                          - JGS precision wastegate

- JGS precision Motor mounts
                          - Siemens 560 cc injectors
                          - greddy fuel rail

- greddy emanage

- Fidanza Flywheel
                          - Spec stage 3 clutch

- V mount intercooler setup with blowthrough Z32 MAFS

Comment

UPDATE # 2

rear over fenders

30mm wider B-magic

sold the nardi, picked up this cherry

Last edited by s15driftking; 04-06-2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Motor is so close to being done, im so pumped

Comment

SOME UPDATES...as PROMISED

Fabu goodness

Tires are on, thats a relief

Been sittiin for over a year now, looks like bigfoots *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

and on Sunday we put the motor in..

^^^ Spec stage 3..

^^^^ Beef *Censored**Censored**Censored* JGS Trans mount, ballin

^^^ *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ign beef JGS momo mounts

Went in like cake.

Motor mounts are diesel.

Many man hours of V mount labor to come

Facelift to come ASAP including Vertex & supermade aero

Paint is in the near future as well

Comment

Working...
                                X