Norcal DRIFTLAND (Coming Soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raziel
    We would have to wait till its actually set up first. Then we can see what kind of courses we can do. I can see a few diffrent ones from the pic but cant really tell until you our there and try to drive it.
    The reason I ask is It claims to be the first US track built for drifting but I doesn't resemble any drift courses I'm familiar with. It has an outer oval that only links with the chicanes w/o double backing on itself, and an inner oval/figure 8. I'm sure it will be fun to drift on, but it seems more like traditional american ovals with a small inner roadcourse than a purposely built drift course as it claims.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 03-13-2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      The reason I ask is It claims to be the first US track built for drifting but I doesn't resemble any drift courses I'm familiar with. I has an outer oval that only links with the chicanes w/o double backing on itself, and an inner oval/figure 8. I'm sure it will be fun to drift on, but it seems more like traditional american ovals with a small inner roadcourse than a purposely built drift course as it claims.
      i think before this gets into a big argument about who's track was first, that the main point it is both venues will have drifting. both are not being built from the ground up and are being designed as reconfigured courses. the track in georgia is an old kart track and this one is an oval. the way i see it, they are one in the same and if both happen that will be great.

Comment

plus its better then nothing.

Comment

Norcal can have that . .. lol but socal needs this !!!

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/jdm_ka...d/1d145218.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST_HOUR
            Norcal can have that . .. lol but socal needs this !!!

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/jdm_ka...d/1d145218.JPG
            Is that ebisu curcuit, would be nice I would be there all the damn time!

Comment

Updated pics looks like the first drift event will be may 16th. The norcal rain delayed the construction so NCDA had to cancel the first 2 events.

Pics were taken by Ant240 from the NCDA forums.

"my access was limited and i didn't wanna push my luck by being there in the first place. This track looks awesome! No more inside walls! plenty of room and smooth blacktop. I talked to a worker and he said there's more work to be done (lights, etc.) and it probably won't be done for the May 6 opening. Worth the wait!" - Ant240

Comment

will we be able to pay a fee for a days use, or is it just for events?

Comment

looks like im making a roadtrip

Comment

F**kin hells yes!!

wish there was a closer drift track near the bay area tho but
                    its better than parking lots

Comment

i wish i could make it to the first opening day. im gonna be out of state...ugh. Hopefully it all goes well. So who is gonna hold events or meets at this track? It should be like a Drift Session. They hold nice events. Once they open up a track in SoCal i will be set... drifting every weekend.

Comment

Actually it's May 18th everybody!!! Check it out at ncda.net

Comment

NM...i just checked the locations and thats a 7 hour drive from me...i will just make my own track.

Comment

The events will be held by NCDA (Norcal Drift Academy) just like the 2005 season.
                            http://www.ncda.net/

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
                              i wish i could make it to the first opening day. im gonna be out of state...ugh. Hopefully it all goes well. So who is gonna hold events or meets at this track? It should be like a Drift Session. They hold nice events. Once they open up a track in SoCal i will be set... drifting every weekend.
                              Norcal Drift Academy will be holding events there 2 times a month. One at the start and one near the end. Theres going to be a lot of drifting going on this summer here in Norcal. www.NCDA.net is their site.

Comment

Working...
                              X