Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brainfood
    None of the cars look to link the section cleanly

well its good to have sections like that... it seperates the men from the boys

Comment

Woohooo!! its going to be a great start of the season!

Comment

all i gotta say is......

Be ready for some crashes, with a course so narrow as this there is bound to be some friction.

I cant wait!!

Comment

This is just the start. If you can only imagine the negotiations and paperwork with the City, the convention center, the local residents, the Coastal Commission, the fire dept, the police dept, etc etc etc. and take that times 100 and you'll know what our operations team has gone through to shut down 4 city streets and the majority of the LB convention center parking lot.

Is the course ideal, probably not, but its not bad, we have to compromise and make the most of the LB Grand Prix course. That was how we came up with this crazy idea to begin with. Sitting at LBGP last year, we asked them, how long before the race does all of this stuff go up. They told us months in advance. And from that we came up with a plan to make this all happen.

Yes, those big concrete blocks are not forgiving. So hold your breath, cross your fingers and watch the rubber get laid down on the streets of Long Beach.

Comment

so is this the judges section?

tyler/conrad/alex what gears are you guys in? how is the grip out there?

hows that last corner gonna be judged?

Comment

I can't wait. I'm flying out for Chicago just to see this. This is going to ROCK!

Comment

holy cow, the mustang sounds like a 3000 hp drag car!!! so loud!!

thats swee,t and kudos to all who drove that narrow course, is that the same setup as was shown on speedvision when there was a special on drifting in san jose? anyhow, i'd call that one early sharp turn the "Widowmaker", hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                  so is this the judges section?

tyler/conrad/alex what gears are you guys in? how is the grip out there?

hows that last corner gonna be judged?
                  Im not a FD driver so you can take what Im about to say with a grain of salt..

I went on a ride along with Conrad in the Jasper Supra during this past media day and he was in 2nd gear the whole way through.

The straight before the first turn is really short so in a car like that it would be pointless to go to third and drop out of boost.

I also went on a ride along with Sam in the Viper and it was the same story..of course Sam doesn't have to worry about Turbo lag but it just doesn't seem like there's room to make it up to 3rd..at least not for the big power cars.

Maybe for the underpowered hi-rev cars like the hachi's and any of the 300-350HP cars there might be room to make it to 3rd but I dont know if it would be any help since the course is so short.

It would also appear that there isn't really a lot of line choices..Im probably wrong but thats just how it looked..

If I had to make a guess on what I saw..I'd say that the main things the judges will look for are big angle, speed, and nailing the two clipping points the best you can.

The last hairpin is so sharp and short...that Im not sure what the judges can really ask of anyone there apart from just getting around it cleanly without spining out or going wide on it..
                  Last edited by MonkeySlide; 03-31-2006, 02:42 AM.

Comment

cmon guys... fckn whip that last hairpin

Comment

Working...
                    X