No announcement yet.

Ford GT Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but hes a pro race driver not some n00b. The point im making is its NOT a drift and everyoen thinks just becuz the car is skidding or going sideways its a drift. which is incorrect. Get it straight

Comment

Your trying to define drifting. No one has yet agreed to a deffinition of drifting.

So go ahead and tell us your definition of a drift. be percise and use examples of what does and does not count.

who knows maybe it will become the common definition we all use.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
        This is wat agrivates me.. alot of ppl think that by dropping the clutch and holding a slide around a turn it makes it a drift. In a drift u are sliding BEFORE the turn... not halfway through.
        Maybe you need to observe the clip closer. On the second corner he downshifts to 3rd, breaks rear traction and controls an oversteers before the apex and on throught it. On the last double right turns he uses a power over at the first apex and holds it on through the second apex. If thats not drifting what the he!! is?

Comment

you get some good arial views on, The Making of "The One".

Comment

Ummm... In the Drift Bible the King demonstrates "power over", or something like that, where the tail swings out later in the turn due to the excessive speed. Rather than braking he just slams the gas pedal until it can't keep traction, so it is drifting. Just not a widely used technique. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got out of it when he demonstrates in the Drift Bible. Only watched it about 3 times. Could be mistaken.

Comment

<sarcasm> Well we all know there is only 1 form of drifting, and its how i do it </sarcasm>

Comment

I watched the clip a number of times before i posted to make sure i wasnt gonna look like a dumbass... He is sideways but it isnt really a drift... it appears to me he was doing it to make the car look "cool" and powerful. Yes the power over is a drift technique.. but as he stated its for "amatures" when u are first learning. The power over is ok in my book but u need to combine it with other techniques to make the best use of it in my opinion. Im not going to try to define a TRUE drift but its easy to tell what a REAL drift is if u have been into this for a LONG time.

Comment

when they judge the D1 what do they look for in every drift. If you know these things then you will know the definition of a drift.

Yes it has been defined

Comment

MrodDrft wether or not its a beginners technique isnt really the question.. though i agree with that. you said when you've been in it long enough you know. thats part of the problem. Your definition isnt the same as some other guys, whos isnt the same as mine, whos isnt the same as some total newbie.

your answer of "i just know" is a very weak arguement.

but if you dont believe it to be a drift that is fine. because like i said, in dissagrement to driftxtreem i dont believe its been defined. and if it has i would love to hear the definition.

drifting is just too subjective to have any solid lines. to me it doesnt seem that black and white, at least not yet.

but in response to driftxtreem you mentioned the d1 judges. yes but that is show drifting, usualy big wide angles lots of smoke that kind of thing. it usualy isnt considered the only form of drifting. Though you may dissagree.

Comment

It has to be defined in order to judge it. In the D1 thats not waht they are looking for... its proper racing line, steering angle, entrance speed, and some other stuff i foreget. haha

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                        MrodDrft wether or not its a beginners technique isnt really the question.. though i agree with that. you said when you've been in it long enough you know. thats part of the problem. Your definition isnt the same as some other guys, whos isnt the same as mine, whos isnt the same as some total newbie.

your answer of "i just know" is a very weak arguement.

but if you dont believe it to be a drift that is fine. because like i said, in dissagrement to driftxtreem i dont believe its been defined. and if it has i would love to hear the definition.

drifting is just too subjective to have any solid lines. to me it doesnt seem that black and white, at least not yet.

but in response to driftxtreem you mentioned the d1 judges. yes but that is show drifting, usualy big wide angles lots of smoke that kind of thing. it usualy isnt considered the only form of drifting. Though you may dissagree.
                        when we go to the track and are shown the corners. The judges which are the three kings as we call them. Look at three or four passes threw the course. They perceve a mental line threw the course. When you attack this line you need to be within it, and there is only a 3 foot margin for error. As you go threw this line you also have to have a angle of attack that the three kings will deem acceptable. The rest of the judging includes your entry speed your exit speed and your followup into the next turn. If you listen closly to any of the option vides you will hear them say (sono line janai) translated- thats not the line. Some other things they look at is wrong entry, slowing too much in the corner. The biggets one is alot of the guys miss the first turn.

I have yet to see a D1 GP were it was considerd show drifting. The show is usally DriftXtreme doing a Dantai or high speed long. When you have a 100k machine and points are on the line I dout any of the pros would call what they do a show. I know that this is new in the states, and things like this are still to be defined to you but here this is not a show and every part of drift has been defined.

Comment

driftxtreem knows best

Comment

Yeah thats cool, thanks for the info.

i didnt know they followed the racing line that closely in judging those. but show drifting isnt a term i came up with, just what i've heard it called, as opposed to drifting for pure speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                              driftxtreem knows best

he deffenately has alot of information.. but i dont think that was ever in question.

Comment

why is it someone always has to argue about someone drifting?

anywayz i didnt think that drift (yes it was a drift) was all that great. so theres my thoughts. and dont try to define drifting. its too hard. oh and a side note... FF drifting is still drifting even if the rear tires are locked... plus the wheels arent always locked.... if u do it right

Comment

Working...
                                X