Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAZU vs CASPER (VIDEO) Formula D Sonoma

<p>
    <embed width="320" height="281" src="http://www.everythingdrift.com/videos/KazuvsCasperSonoma.wmv"></p>

This video was sent to us by a friend.

I think the call was right. Kazu cuts off Casper, forcing him to sloe down drastically and stall out. It's up to Kazu to mirror casper's line, not interfere. That's what the judges decided.

But post up your thoughts

there was an outside clipping point that Kazu missed each time. you can't see it at that angle, but the clipping point was marked by cones and rockstar banners...

passing is allowed ONLY AT the clipping point if the leader misses the clipping point by a wide enough margin... but if you MISS the clipping point just to pass, that's a violation of the rules.

while spectators probably didn't know about this change in the rules, it's covered in the driver's meeting before every event, and every driver knows this.

....so yeah. go casper.

Comment

thats the kind of rules that i like to hear about. rules to force wide lines... that way cars arent always initiating drifts late and block the inside line. outside clipping points are genius imo.

Comment

congrats to casper on a well deserved podium finish.

Comment

Kazu made a clean pass D1 style but rules are rules and if Formula D judges set a certaint criteria than sobeit.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
            Kazu made a clean pass

would you rather drifters take very narrow lines and late entries all the time to block the follower?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
              would you rather drifters take very narrow lines and late entries all the time to block the follower?
              I added to my post but to answer you question it isn't a problem in D1 so why try to fix it in FD. Maybe the level of skill is not at D1 level quite yet so it is necessary for FD drivers to follow the same exact line to improve the quality of competition. But once it is more evenly matched I'd like to see more overtaking and door closing lines.

Comment

Well, if there was an outside clipping point, and the rules say that you have to hit it, then I can understand the result. However, since when did drivers need cones and judges to tell them which line to take?

Imagine if they did the same in F1 or Nascar. That would be funny as hell. "I'm sorry Schumi. You were fastest in qualifying, but you didn't get close enough to the cone...". Come on guys...

Comment

Originally posted by fsr
                  Well, if there was an outside clipping point, and the rules say that you have to hit it, then I can understand the result. However, since when did drivers need cones and judges to tell them which line to take?

Imagine if they did the same in F1 or Nascar. That would be funny as hell. "I'm sorry Schumi. You were fastest in qualifying, but you didn't get close enough to the cone...". Come on guys...
                  Drivers are TOLD what line to take in drifting. That doesn't happen in any other motorsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                    Drivers are TOLD what line to take in drifting. That doesn't happen in any other motorsport.
                    well in D1GP and other drifting series 'line' is not judged in tsuisou, its speed, angle, agressiveness, style and excitment. Different lines in tandem runs make drifting exciting. If you watch Autopolis D1 rounds during qualifying they have to clip the outside of the sweeper in front of the judges stands but tandems they take aggressive and protective lines and it doesn't detract from the competition.

What I'd like to see happen at Sonoma is a lead driver take a shallow double apex line and get passed on the outside, that would be awsome.
                    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-12-2006, 05:04 AM.

Comment

That call made was correct, there is zero room for argument on it.

That area is not a pass zone, period. Our line is to come out to the wall (where the camera) was, and then go back to the next clip point (the rockstar gimmik).

We are NOT supposed to be passing anymore unless someone makes a mistake (swings to wide in an area they arent supposed to). Casper's line was spot on, and kazu tried to pass him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Fleming
                        That call made was correct, there is zero room for argument on it.

That area is not a pass zone, period. Our line is to come out to the wall (where the camera) was, and then go back to the next clip point (the rockstar gimmik).

We are NOT supposed to be passing anymore unless someone makes a mistake (swings to wide in an area they arent supposed to). Casper's line was spot on, and kazu tried to pass him.
                        If there was zero room for an argument, there wouldn't be one...

I think everyone agrees that the rules were broken and the judging correct. However, this rule is exclusive to Formula D, and from a drivers point of view it's the stupidest rule I've ever heard of. Forcing a line in tsuiso battles is just plain silly. Why not just run a f**king pacecar then? Then the drivers could just follow his line and speed...

Comment

drifting becomes gayer everytime i see this crap... i used to like drifting.... now its just simply bs and the rules are so stupid, hitting a clipping point matters but passing doesnt??? imo, i think passing someone is a lot harder than hitting a stupid clipping point...

Comment

Originally posted by fsr
                            If there was zero room for an argument, there wouldn't be one...

i beg to differ. this is 2006, jelousy, stupidity, and ignorance is strong nowadays.

the call was right, but stupid people will always argue what they dont like no matter how cut and dry it is.

i do think though the jdm guys need to be sat down and have everythign explained again. i did some dumbass stuff that weekend but okubo's donuts during intro, kazu's pass, and all the other stuff i dont think they listened to anything or were able to about safety.

but it was a good call, and i like the no passing rule. makes you get rewarded for sticking to the guy and mimcking him 100% which imo is how drifting should be, none of this force pass jump over rumble strip crap and weiner protective inside line crap we had last year and in 04.

Comment

D1 is about following line

FD last year was *Censored**Censored**Censored* protecting of line, everyone passing

its better now.

Comment

Working...
                              X