No announcement yet.

NiCK HOGAN CRASHES VIPER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a person who ahas seen nick drift his S14's i will say he had alot better luck in those 2 cars and lets give him a break the kid was nervous and in a car that was undoubtedly way to over powered for him and he should have started out in sumthing more in line iwht his skill level but give him sum credit for having the balls to go out there and try man hes only 16

Comment

I wanted to refrain from posting anything here because I wanted to see it all for myself before I said anything. I do have to say, I have a lot of respect for people that hit the walls and jump back out there. I've been fortunate enough to never hit a wall, I've come within 2 inches a few times, but never connected. A lot of people hit the wall yesterday and didn't go back out even if they could (can't blame them too much, he was injured and they had to drive home... TO VEGAS! Hope you guys got home ok, and get better quick)

Here is a picture of the car after I fixed it up, this was the first one that lost a wheel and hit the wall. The fender was pretty mashed up.

Some people weren't lucky enough to be able to drive the car home. E-mail me for the other picture dude, get another 240 and get back out there ASAP man!

We can always be happy no one got hurt too bad, being the guy that has to look over every wrecked car and think, did this thing break and THEN hit the wall because I missed something in tech? Every wall impact is something I really look into, to try and better myself, but I've also noticed the way people react and get back out there , if possible, says a lot about the persons' mettle. Nick has got it and will be able to hang. The opportuity he has is awesome and with more seat time he'll be dang good.

Nick - Just stop looking at the wall man, the car tends to go where you look, focus on the apex and not the solid 2 ft thick cement slab. It ain't going no where, the wall will always be there, you don't need to look for it. Everytime you hit, your helmet was just pointed straight at the wall. Try and hang a little more with some of the drivers out there and take in the drifting comunity, it is funny how many people are d***s to outsiders until they meet them and find out the person is actually good guy.
      Last edited by LOVMUFN; 07-31-2006, 07:54 AM.

Comment

practice practice practice

if you're gonna be out there with us this season man, keep driving that car as much as possible. It really ends up like anything else, more you do it, better you get at it.

I want to see you out there, but I want to see you out there rocking and safe. If you need some more track time, i think I can get you time on a practice testing facility in Texas if you want.

Anyways, good luck, and get good so I can run with ya.

editted: btw nick are you alright?
        Last edited by Rob Fleming; 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The same sort of thing happened to Steph when he entered FD.

Comment

Seriously, you gotta feel for the dude. Hes got the internet, and everyone flaming on him. The pressure was definitely there.His family was there, not to mention the media frenzy following him around. I give the dude credit for crashing, and getting back into the starting grid. takes alot of heart. hes not competing this year with the rest of the form d guys, but like he said, hes going to compete in the pro-am series. Hes into modifying cars and driving fast so i personally think that this is not a "phase" or "trend" for him. He will get better. Everyone crashes, not everyone gets their form d license on the first try.

i just wished he crashed the car harder so that sam can finally drive the charger!! LOL! kidding..

Comment

quit treating him differently than any other kid that goes out and crashes. give him a 'tough luck' speech and get on with it. sympathy is garbage. if i wreck, i pay for the damages.

as for not treating him any differently....

way to go private schooling. learn how to use punctuation. kthx.

commas, don't belong, in ran,dom spots,,.

Comment

i dont know if you can under your contract with vh1, but hit up a drift event without your tv crew, just be one of the guys, come in with an s14(not a Z because I dont want you to pull away some of my chances for pro-am sponsors ) theres plenty of rich drifters that get down and dirty, thats what we like to see.

Comment

I think everyones problem with him, is that hes trying to dive right into formula D, instead of paying his dues, I believe this was his first time driving at an event with other people, if he keeps doing that people will grow to like him because he'll be "one of them." still might haveto ditch SOME of the entourage though...
                  A huge part of driving, imo, is COMMUNITY, and he is not part of it. Yesterday I was up at the JustDrift event and, like all JD events...everybody knew everybody..everyone's an equal...just out there to have fun at DRIVE!

Kids don't start playing basketball JUST so they can join the NBA right off the bat, so why try to be in Formula D without the much needed experience? Even if he threw down a decent run or two, that's not saying he should be even trying for that level, have some patience..and if you actually like doing it..do it for the fun of it..not to just be in formula d.

Why be in such a hurry to get out there? Take your time, drive the thing for a few years, rock some practice events (parking lot, road course). Goto some racing schools. You cant do a cram session on driving.
                  more true words never spoken. LISTEN TO THIS GUY

Everybody wrecks....its a part of learning.
                  Yeah, but if you wreck because you're going to a more advanced course without experience trying out for something you're probably not ready for...you're not wrecking because you're learning, you're wrecking because you're taking a bite too big for you to chew.

in the morning, the starting cone was moved 40 feet forward from where it normally is, with that little of room to build up speed the viper, could not do it, now i know everyone will say, blah blah blah, its a viper it should be able to build up the speed no problem...wrong.
                  Regardless of gearing and power (and my guess is you don't have a problem with having power) competition is about being able to adapt to changes. Better drivers adapt faster, quit making excuses and everyone had problems there were probably people with much worse problems than what you had.

Come see us at some real events. Dont try to be a superstar overnight there is no reason.
                  That seems like more of a reason that he crashed than any kind of car or course setup

as a person who ahas seen nick drift his S14's i will say he had alot better luck in those 2 cars and lets give him a break the kid was nervous and in a car that was undoubtedly way to over powered for him and he should have started out in sumthing more in line iwht his skill level but give him sum credit for having the balls to go out there and try man hes only 16
                  it doesn't take "BALLS" to go out there if you're comfortable enough with drifting through having.....experience. If the car was overpowered, why was he using it? I don't get it. If you have 2 built racecars that you're comfortable with, why go with mopar? and if it's one of those 'too good to refuse' kind of things, why not qualify with the s14 then drive the mopar car after having some practice with throttle control?

lol

Comment

Walls happen.

To me the most important questions I'd ask Nick if he's still reading is.

"Why do you think you crashed? What would you do different next time? What did you learn from the whole experience?"

Comment

sorry but, who the hell is nick hogan?

Comment

Originally posted by s13vert

If by a lot better luck you mean leading a bunch of people to believe he was going to use their help/support to try to compete only to leave them hanging you hit the nail on the head.

Im not hating on the kid for trying but some the things Nick has done behind the scenes businesswise arent very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                          sorry but, who the hell is nick hogan?
                          his dad is hulk hogan (that's about it)
                          Last edited by cfrost; 07-31-2006, 01:57 PM.

Comment

"everyone crashes" lmao. How many people you know were previlaged enough to crash a viper? pro racers are not aloud to answer!

Comment

Originally posted by crysis
                              quit treating him differently than any other kid that goes out and crashes. give him a 'tough luck' speech and get on with it. sympathy is garbage. if i wreck, i pay for the damages.

as for not treating him any differently....

way to go private schooling. learn how to use punctuation. kthx.

Not many people here are treating Nick hogan differently, go ask anyone who hits the wall at one of our events how I treat them. I spent 4 hours repairing someones car at the same event so they could drive home. I spend time with every driver, and their car, before and, if it happens, after wall contact. Anyone that hits the wall gets the same treatment be it online or face to face at the event. No one gets a tough luck speech, wall contact comes from mechanical failure, a mistake or both.

The only people (on this board) treating him differently are the ones insulting him, others are just responding to posts like, 'Nick Hogan crashes Viper.' If you saw a post that said, 'Kid driving the RB 240 at DD33 crashes car,' you'd could bet your a** I'd be in there saying the same thing. That kid had a great attitude and came out of a HARD hit saying something along the lines of, time for a new car and getting back out here.

Haters will hate and constructive people are going to be constructive. Nick Hogan is also not as accessible as other people to say things like, 'Hey man, sucks about the car. Get 'er fixed or get another and get back out there.'

Comment

thats the way of life...you crash...you learn..you adapt...you get up..and you come back 10x harder...

Comment

Working...
                                X