Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (MORE) NICK HOGAN Drifting VIPER (VIDEO) @FD Qualifier

<p>
    <embed width="320" height="281" src="http://www.driftingvideoclips2.com/NH_2.wmv"></p>
    Please wait 1-3 minutes for this video to stream.

DOWNLOAD OPTION
    (Download Instuctions)-RIGHT CLICK on the Trailer Link
    -select "SAVE TARGET AS"

WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER (Version 9-10 Prefered)

http://driftingvideoclips2.com/NH_2.wmv

For 500 HP car and his age, I say he didn't do too bad.

-Al

Comment

i think for drifting, for the most part it works backwards for HP, as in, a well suited car will be easier to drift if you actually have that available power to use, vs trying to learn on a 140HP 20ved corolla or something of the sort.

Comment

+1

sam and crew have tuned that viper for 2 years to perfection

Comment

he sure did a lot better in the morning than in the evening. he shouldn't have panic'd and locked the brakes. instead he shoulda yanked the ebrake or just ease off throttle and steer away.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86
            i think for drifting, for the most part it works backwards for HP, as in, a well suited car will be easier to drift if you actually have that available power to use, vs trying to learn on a 140HP 20ved corolla or something of the sort.
            Maybe it will seem easier but you will learn a hell of a lot more in the corolla or a ka s-chassis car. Low powered cars will teach you so much more about car control than a high powered car. Learn to drive in a low powered car and then increase the power only after you need to. I have driven a ka s14 for 2 years now and learned soooo much from it. Now I outgrew the car and need more power and not because I cant bust a mad drift in it simply because I cant keep up with 500hp cars piloted by pro drivers at least not on most courses. I am hoping the power will bring consistency not make up for lack of teqnique.

Comment

see the guy has talent so just give him a break he just had a car that had alot les sterring anngle when he crashed it so u can see what he can do in a great car

Comment

i do get what your saying and theres no doubt about that.

i guess what im just trying to say is that a mopar built and a sam tuned car is going to be better then any home grown drift car to learn on.

also when your being taught everyday by a teacher at sebring on how to drift, and then have sam come in and fine tune it, doesnt get much better then that. heck, if he got taught every day for 5 hrs a day for 6 months, i bet that would beat the amount of seat time then a lot of people that have been drifting for years.

im sure he was nervous as crap out there being that was his 1st event outside of training and i think he did do fairly well, but obviously just not good enough (or consistant enough) at this point for a professional drifting stand point.

heck, i cant say i was doing 3rd gear entry into an banked oval when i just 1st started drifting, but then again i also had to worry about damaging my daily driver
                Last edited by markshatchi86; 08-09-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

sounds like he needs to shift up one more gear too much revlimiter

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86
                    i do get what your saying and theres no doubt about that.

i guess what im just trying to say is that a mopar built and a sam tuned car is going to be better then any home grown drift car to learn on.

also when your being taught everyday by a teacher at sebring on how to drift, and then have sam come in and fine tune it, doesnt get much better then that. heck, if he got taught every day for 5 hrs a day for 6 months, i bet that would beat the amount of seat time then a lot of people that have been drifting for years.

im sure he was nervous as crap out there being that was his 1st event outside of training and i think he did do fairly well, but obviously just not good enough (or consistant enough) at this point for a professional drifting stand point.

heck, i cant say i was doing 3rd gear entry into an banked oval when i just 1st started drifting, but then again i also had to worry about damaging my daily driver
                    I agree that viper probably isnt easy to drive but I bet its a lot easier than my s14 and I hear you on damaging you daily. I drove my car to long beach opening round formula d. Hit the wall and drove it home with my exhaust scraping on every little freeway reflector when I changed lanes. But thats life I drive hard and its helped me progress. But I am sure he has more seat time than most drivers that are new to pro series, I have been doing it for 2yrs and until 2-3 events before the qualifier at Irwindale I had never really been in 3rd gear. He will get it he had some good runs, comps are hard it takes a while to get over the nerves and just drive, same for everyone.

Comment

I just saw Nick's registration for www.driftbattle.org

I guess Ill see him overthurrrrrrrr

-Al

Comment

not much more can be said i guess other than lets hope nick can get into drifting(professionally) and give it some great exposure for the scene im sure it would do alot better than FF3

Comment

Working...
                        X