Quick vid of me sucking it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick vid of me sucking it up

Any suggestions are appreciated...unless you are are a minor, and have no clue what you are talking about.

Comments from all are welcomed

http://comp.uark.edu/~kjharmo/godfatherdrift.mpg (please save as)

I liked it. Put some suspension on that thing. It lists like the Peqod chasing Moby *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with Queequeg at the helm.

"Death to the tires, God hunt us all, if we don't hunt Moby Lot til our deaths"

Herman Slideville-Excerpt from Moby Lot, circa 2003.

Great vid.

Comment

not bad. how long have you been in the sport? well its hard to explain what im about to try to in writing but ill try anyways. what i saw you do in the last few sec. of the vid. is what im refering to when you went hand over hand. dont do that let the wheele go and carrect it when it straitens out. yeah this is alot harder then i thought it would be so if any one knows what im trying to say help me out. its alot easer to show someone when you are driving. sorry if any of that made no sence and sounded stupid.

Comment

No you made sense. The hand over hand doesn't really work in drifting for 2 reasons. A. It takes to long to uncross your hands if you go hand over hand and you lose control. B. you can get hung up causing the car to either lose the drift or wrencing your wrist. Both suck and are painful to different areas of the body. Physical and Mental.

Comment

Quickstyle, that made perfect sense. I do let go at times, but I think I try too hard on the exit and end up with what you saw. I have been goofing around (FF, AWD, and a few RWD) for a few years now (probably started at 20, 24 now), but I've only been serious about it for a few months now.

Suspension is about to be taken care of. I have already added Tanabe strut braces (after that vid), Tein tie rods, and have the following on the way:
          Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bars
          KYB AGX's
          Ground Control Coilovers

Thanks for the comments, and suggestions guys.
          Last edited by Godfather; 02-08-2004, 01:45 AM.

Comment

cool. yeah thats the first thing i alway notice in people new to the sport. the hand over hand thing. so yeah on the exit just let go and ease off the gas youll know what to do after that. the car wil take you in the right direction.
            Last edited by quickstyleRPS13; 02-08-2004, 01:51 AM.

Comment

i'm an ignoramus when it comes to tech stuff, but it looked cool thumbs up buddy!

Comment

looked cool, keep practicing and use the weight of the car plus a little more speed fo a better slide, do not think too much of the turn in at the entry only at the exits.

Comment

that was pretty good im trying to put a vid together with some street and some track stuff but i havent madeit to the track yet
                  but yeah it looked nice
                  make a new vid once you get the susp. lets see a little less body roll

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll try and get some good practice in, and make another vid for all of you.

Comment

Cool and keep it up man.

Comment

Working...
                      X