Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Session Driver Profile #1: Jensen Kona

Drift Session Driver Profile #1: Jensen Kona

Drift Session is now starting a continuing series of driver profiles focusing on introducing our best drivers to the world, along with sharing their thoughts on their world of drifting, what makes them tick, and their motivation for doing what they do. It is DS's hope that this will open these drivers in our geographically separated location to the rest of the mainland and international audience.

Our first Drift Session Driver Profile centers on Jensen Kona, a young but accomplished drifter with insane angle and tons of smoke whose already making a name for himself through numerous racing articles, and even the cover of Drift Tengoku magazine. He's unsponsored but his dedication to the sport has brought him to where he stands today...as one of Hawaii's best drifters.

Click here for this 14 minute video!
    DS Driver Profile: Jensen Kona

For more information on this driver, please contact webmaster@hawaiitalks.net with the title: "Jensen Kona"

homeboy needs to be driving pro in the mainland

maybe someone can hook him up with a car in Cali and he can get his D1 licence

Or maybe he can submit a resume and FD can look it over.

Comment

I think it's a cool idea to make videos about individual drivers but it needs to have actual video of some driving. Maybe even video tape the car, inside and out to get some specs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flybert View Post
        I think it's a cool idea to make videos about individual drivers but it needs to have actual video of some driving. Maybe even video tape the car, inside and out to get some specs on it.
        We did videotape the car...along with a brief summary on it's strong points...along with interior shots, etc. Unless you're talking about "in-motion" video clips. Also, it does have a few clips of him driving...the whole point was to get an in-depth look at what makes him tick. Plus, because of the situation of the track closure, we wanted to demonstrate some things about our drivers, like their respect for others, and their insight on drifting in general as a way to reach the public. We've got alotta very important goverment officials watching our every move right now. And well, we've already got a gazillion videos of him driving. He's featured in every major drifting video we have. Besides, he has a different car now...an S13 with a 2JZ...so we didn't want to hype up the car too much, knowing that it wasn non-existant anymore. Also, the clip was already at 14 minutes, so I didn't want to go too much longer.

Thanks for the constructive comments though, I'll keep it in mind for future videos.

Comment

Correction...an S14 with a 2JZ...he's working on it at the moment. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

hey hows it going everyone. first off, big thanks to mike for making that video and also to the others who had positive things to say about me/the video. the new car that i am working on is s14 kouki with a JZ swap that is being built in my garage. at the moment, i am gona be using a 1jz for the street and drifting. i decided to tear down the 2jz and rebuild it with aftermarket parts, possibly even a stroker kit. the 14 should be done in a week or two and i plan on shipping the car up to LA and test the car at the justdrift events. anyways, i cant wait to get up there (the mainland) and start drifting you guys have crazy tracks!!!

thanks,
            jensen

Comment

where is this stuff? its not no the DS website. good thing i look on here too! you guys should put these vids on the site, this and the compilation. keep it up, and keep the driving/drifting alive! alohas.

Comment

Working...
              X