The Drift Effect - New Reality Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drift Effect - New Reality Show

Enjuku Racing & Motorcine Media have teamed up and began production on a new reality show concept based around the ever-growing sport of drifting.

The Drift Effect will go where no other "build-up" show has gone before. Follow along as Team Enjuku, a privateer professional drift team, scramble to turn a factory stock Nissan 350Z into a fully-prepared professional drift car in 45 days. The car will be built to be piloted by Robby Unser in the Formula Drift Championship Series, the nation's first and largest professional drift series.

The program will be shot in 1080i HD using the latest in High-Definition cameras and will also document the team testing/practicing at various venues before the race seasons starts.

Video Link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0FfB3FwY8

http://www.myspace.com/thedrifteffect
    http://www.thedrifteffect.com
    http://www.enjukuracing.com

cool beans, i heard about this yesterday, what channel is it gonna be on?

i think xat is giong to make a dvd called ______ on hillsborough.

Comment

wooo! more drama to make something trying to grow look bad! sweet lets support it!

Comment

*Sigh* Is this like the drift version of American Chopper?

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
          wooo! more drama to make something trying to grow look bad! sweet lets support it!
          How exactly would this make drifting look bad? What "drama" are you talking about?

The premise looks pretty cool and based on the trailer its not going to be like any of the other stuff out there...

wait...there IS no other cool reality show based on drifting!

Why don't we wait until it airs before we pass judgement?
          Last edited by MonkeySlide; 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM.

Comment

im stoked to see it, especially being filmed in 1080i HD. I just hope the people in the show arent hippies and douche bags

Comment

I can't wait to see this. It looks put together really well!

Comment

For those wondering where to catch the show here's what the show's myspace said:

"Initially, The Drift Effect will be hosted and broadcast on every major internet multimedia outlet. The episodes will also be able to be embedded and viewed from all the Team sponsor's company sites. In addition, the show will be formatted to allow anyone to embed the video series into their personal websites, blogs and web 'spaces' to support the show and share with their friends."

Comment

This looks very interesting and entertaining, 2007 is going to be insane!!

Comment

Originally posted by GaijinSmash View Post
                    *Sigh* Is this like the drift version of American Chopper?
                    was I the only one who saw the "Rides" episode which documented the buikld ups for Rhys Millen and Apexi's 2003 D1 cars?

I thought the show was very well put together, and that show was pre-American Chopper

Comment

nope i saw it and loved it thought it was the best episode of rides

Comment

this show looks interesting. i'll check it out.

the Ride episode was awesome...but that's what $100k in production dollars gets you. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          was I the only one who saw the "Rides" episode which documented the buikld ups for Rhys Millen and Apexi's 2003 D1 cars?

I thought the show was very well put together, and that show was pre-American Chopper
                          I have that episode on my iPod... I think I end up watching it every other time I'm on an airplane, lol. I think that episode was very well done.

Comment

I bought the second season of rides box set just to get that one episode of it

Comment

i thought that TLC sold episodes sepratley?

Comment

Working...
                              X