NorCal FC3S Revived! (x56k) [and the story that follows]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCal FC3S Revived! (x56k) [and the story that follows]

hrm...well some of you may remember my first fc from this old post http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...highlight=FC3S

well anyway it was my first car, and a great one too..it had ported engine; racing flywheel and clutch, and one hell of a kick for a near stock FC. Anyway after a while I drifted on such an impossible turn in a residential area I don't think tsuchiya himself could have completed it.

Anyway upon smashing it up bad into the curb right in front of someones house..it came to this

After going of the damage, the passenger side suspension was what we though wrecked beyond repair, you should have seen it at the actually crash site. Not only was the front suspension damaged severely, but the passenger fender area and front end area warped as well. Me and my dad both decided not to mess with it and I had to get rides with my mom everywhere until something good happened. So we called it quits on the fc for the time being.

The good thing that happened was that in about a month after the wreck my dad found a TII 1988 FC for sale for a little less then 4,500$ when we went to go look at it our minds were blown. It was modified extremely with a garret turbo and lots more, we assumed it made about 400hp + ; but also, when we bought that car the man who sold us the turbo fc gave us a 1990 NA for free...

That multicolored FC was the free one and it was about to save the life of an old friend.

Anyway after checking over and test driving the 1990 NA we got free, we noticed it was in horrible shape, and the cost to repair would not be worth it. So once again we were in a bad situation. We had to decide if we wanted to continue fixing up these cars or just let them all go, and just buy me an accord or something. Me and him both kept pondering..."why don't we just mix them to make one good car?" The question hung over us for almost a month it was getting around to be Christmas time, and I needed something to drive...my dad kept hinting that he would fix the cars before Christmas so it would be my present to have a good working car. It turns out I was wrong. I went out side to grab something out of the fc on christmas morning and there it was a beautiful corolla parked there. I was disturbed and excited I mean how many cars are we going to have out there!?

But you don't need to hear my life story here, so lets get back to the rx7s

Anyway i'll make things short just recently we have decided to rebuild the first rx7 as a full fledged track car. We had to replace everything that was broken on the passenger side suspension: brake rotor, tie rod, basically everything that held the well on was broken. I went ahead and stripped out all the interior and my dad got front a rear strut bars. We had to swap the radiator and hoses out of the 1990, and also the alternator. My dad got some cheap cosmetic stuff for it too, like a TII hood and some s5 seats. It now sits at our local tuning shop waiting to run again. If all goes well it should be ready on the 28th of march.

This car is far from over, my dad is quite serious about converting this into a pure track machine...Ill post some more news in a few months, but till then its just one hell of a boro drift machine!

Was this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19--grjvuZw
    Last edited by ; 03-19-2007, 11:50 PM.

Comment

yes, but thats not what wrecked my car, the damage in that little crash was a bent tie rod, but a few months later it was raining and I was tired..or something and I thought I could drift a turn but yeah...I hit really hard. Street Drifting = X_X one day you might hit an old lady or something!

Comment

Isn't that the corner of Midway down at Altamont?

I went there this morning and it's awfully the same...

Comment

You were drifting Midway Road? You know, it's dumbsh|ts like you that put Northern California drifting at risk of being shut down for good.

BTW, anyone who didn't get the e-mail:

Let us be heard! KEEP DRIFTING ALIVE IN NORCAL!
          Alameda County will be holding the hearing regarding DRIFTING at Altamont Motorsport Park. The County’s “Board of Zoning Approval” (BZA) is the entity that will hear the issues.

Please come and support and keep DRIFTING alive in Northern California this Thursday March 22nd at the Pleasanton City Council Offices, 200 Old Bernal Road, Pleasanton 94566

The hearing will start at 1:30pm and we asked that you come and support us. Please bring your parents if you are under 18 years of age so they can speak out in support of our organization and the drift movement. Business owners around the area (Fremont, Tracy or Livermore) or anyone that supports this motorsport or you is welcome to come speak out. Carry dead bodies if you have to! We ask that you come quietly, if possible ride together in stock unmodified cars.

The specific grievances (issues) that Mark and Karin Rivard (the neighbors) and their attorneys will claim are :
          (1) drifting is outside of AMP’s operating permit;
          (2) excessive noise from drifting;
          (3) street racing outside AMP’s facility on Midway Road;
          (4) trash on Midway Road from drifters;
          (5) drug use and drinking by drifters;
          (6) anything else they can make up…
          The Public usually gets 5 minutes to speak. They are strict on the time allotment. If you would like to read one of our PRESENTATIONS to the County, please contact me at al@driftbattle.org

You can present pictures and such; however, anything you bring as “evidence” must be presented to and left with the BZA for the public record. So, anything you want to show or present (Powerpoint, pictures, charts, etc.) should be printed (5 copies) on plain old 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper and presented to the Board. Don’t get too fancy. All they want are the facts.

Thanks,

JAYSON PIZARRO

Comment

wonder if it was really midway road. I got that email.

Comment

Oh wow your turbo 2 is mint.
              haha mustt be nice
              those are starting to get hard to come by

Comment

no no no..heh..its Lake Herman road in Vallejo, the location of which I live in..and this is about 2 or 3 years ago...so NO I am not one of the infamous drifters that drift upon midway road that brings ruin to drifting organizations and NO I no longer drift on the street I have learned my lesson since the wreck a year or two back and I keep all my slides on the street...Yes I did have the mental illness try to drift on a public road but no longer do I do so...so please get off my case about it, I did drift on the street, its not on midway road...its actually 40mins away from it...but either way I made the mistake and will never do it again. Sorry about what is happening now, I personally want drift battle to stay alive because its the outlet into the dream I still have...sorry about the confusion...

haha I dont mean to be an asshole or anything but if you read the title it says "Herman Drift Crash" and if you go further into the comments there are people recognizing the road...

But moreover I apologize for my 2 acts of foolishness, but really I have been over the whole street drifting thing for a while, and I still get terrorized by my local racing team of imprezzas who enjoy picking on me and my lost fc

Long Live DriftXBattle!
                Last edited by AaronConklin; 03-20-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

As long as you dont do it anymore im satisfied. I know i used to do it too a long time ago, right al?

Comment

Semantics, but I'm glad you aren't doing that sort of thing any longer, especially with this BZA hearing.

Spread it.

Comment

Working...
                    X