Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPI Drift LA Complete Top 16 Eliminations Videos

UPDATED

For Practice and all Top 16 elimination videos go to the link below, on the left you will see a tab for NOPI Drift LA, then click all videos (6) for the vids.
    www.sportcompact.tv

Pictures
    www.floridaracing.org

[b]Please support the cause! We want to produce more videos as much as you want to watch them, so spread the word![/ib]

Two days, 26 hours, 8 tapes, 2 memory cards and I’m spent. This would describe my NOPI L.A. event to a tee. After covering the majority of the 05 and 06 Formula D season with my Canon DSLRs, I came into mid 07 without shooting a single Pro Drift event. I had a feeling I was going to be rustly. Luickly for you and me, it was short lived. The main intention for my visit to L.A. was to shoot a video for Vortech on Blake Fuller and his Vortech sponsored 350z. Naturally, that’s not all I planned to do. Drifting has always been my favorite motorsport to shoot. But now I am faced with a challenge- I have to juggle shooting video and taking statics. It seemed hectic at times, but overall I believe it was a success. I managed to shoot around 600 pictures, 4 hours of video, and suffer the worst sunburn in years.

The generally unfortunate problem of shooting among my fellow media peers is that most media pits contain a plethora of people. This is not a problem when shooting stills most of the time, but can make video production an absolute P.I.T.A. We aren’t the Speed channel. We don’t get to pick the prime shooting locations, generally vacant of heads. We are the meager media shooting through a crowd. I know a lot of you fellow drift photogs, and though I love you all, some of you have big heads. Knowing this challenge I moved next to the highest spot I could. Strategically placed in the parking lot are these 3 foot tall, 2 feet in diameter concrete circles with a massive light pole affixed to the middle of them. On this I stand with fellow photog Alison Merion. Through our 10” circumference left over from this pole, we dance. With one hand on the pole and one on the video camera, I brace for dear life as Alison and I swing ourselves to what could have been misconstrued as some horrible ballet gone wrong. During the duration of Top 16, our safety was questioned by NOPI staff (and for the obvious reasons). This will reflect in the video as you see the change in camera location.

I put my life on the line to bring you this video, so you better well enjoy it.

We at powerTV would really like to continue to shoot pro drift events. The only way this is going to happen is through your support. Send this video to everyone you know, give us feedback, give the respective organizations feedback. Please also feel free to sign up on the site and share any sport compact videos in a youtube style community. I know everyone hates waiting for months to see an event on TV and we would like to bring more of these videos to you with multiple cameramen, interviews, tech features, in car video and all associated media shot and edited by true enthusiasts. We do this for a living so it will be done right. If the response becomes overwhelmingly large, then it is a good possibility that you could be seeing these videos again in the near future.

Til next time,

Mark
    powerTV Media
    Feedback, questions, comments
    SCTV@powertvmedia.com
    Last edited by markshatchi86; 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM.

awesome to see the top 16 runs.

Comment

thanks, i want to continue to do these but for me to convince my boss that these videos are worth it, i really need to get a good response from people

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
        thanks, i want to continue to do these but for me to convince my boss that these videos are worth it, i really need to get a good response from people
        who is talking though? i think that needs to be changed. and the word pass should only be used when some one passes someone, not when they make a pass. haha, i was like, what, he didn't pass him. o wait, he meant awesome pass as in awesome run.

Comment

bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* coverage, thanks!

Comment

The videos are pretty good, Mark! Give a good sense of how the runs happened. The biggest frustration for me is twofold
            - the site is dog slow
            - there's no easy way to embed the video on other pages (aka how Youtube provides the 'embed' codes to post the videos on a message board or on myspace)

Originally posted by Toycoma View Post
            who is talking though? i think that needs to be changed. and the word pass should only be used when some one passes someone, not when they make a pass. haha, i was like, what, he didn't pass him. o wait, he meant awesome pass as in awesome run.
            Jeremy is the announcer for NOPI

Comment

jacob-

there is an embedded code, look to the right of the bottom of the video, permalinks

yea i know its (loads slow, videos are quick) slow, its not even a beta yet, still an alpha, we are workin on it

Comment

good vids, would like it if they kept coming, good work

Comment

only way thats going to happen is if we get a really positive response on this, so spread the word!

Comment

Mark,

thank you for taking the time to compile this video - it was definately worth the effort!!!!

Now... onto the top 8!

The video made the course look exciting!

Comment

Thanks for the vids, it's a good thing for us in canada that can't be at the
                      events...

Comment

the teams and drivers appreaciate the vids as we can review our performance and correct mistakes or set up changes. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

any chance of getting some qualifying footage up??

Comment

anything you see on the practice vids is it

Comment

updated, remaining runs are up

Comment

Working...
                              X