Drift Video from Groovy Drift - Mini Irwindale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Video from Groovy Drift - Mini Irwindale

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sT41RvN1fAo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sT41RvN1fAo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Man.....Those guys are good!

Love the smoke.

Comment

Im so down. Tell me more about the cars making tire smoke. And what model most of these are? I am seriously considering building one.

Comment

Smoke is just special effect. Its just directed towards the tires. We used smoke emitters that smoke continuously. Still working on a way to make it smoke on command.

All the cars in the video are made my Yokomo.

Fun little hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by airborneranger View Post
          Smoke is just special effect. Its just directed towards the tires. We used smoke emitters that smoke continuously. Still working on a way to make it smoke on command.

All the cars in the video are made my Yokomo.

Fun little hobby.
          Just the yokomo kits? I was looking at some of the more expensive kits on your site is it worth it? Figured they were smoke machines since they looked like they were on all the time. is electric the way to go over nitro?

Comment

Yokomo is one of the most expensive but also high quality. Ferarri's (almost) of RC.

Yeah electric is the way to go. With gas it's like 3 hobbies - Driving, tuning the motor almost every start, and cleaning. Gas is about $35 a gallon. Nitro cars are also heavier. One more thing, you have to get up in the rpm's to get the powerband, so its kinda of like having turbo lag.
            Also no reverse. Comes in handy.

Fastest car is around 134mph. Gas is around 110.

Electric you just charge a battery, plug it in and you're off. Batteries charge in as little as 15 minutes and can last as long as 2 hours.

So imo, electric is better.

Comment

batteries lasting 2 hours? *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* things must have changed since i've owned any of these, what do you need to make them last that long beacuse i relaly think that was the reason i got out of it i was tired of charging a bunch of batteries to go out and have a little bit of fun.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info. I will look into a yokomo kit. I know in the past when I have had electric cars speed controllers make a huge difference. Whats a good speed control to look into? You said reverse too all my old cars havnt had reverse because for whatever reason usually just got a controller with brakes. I am seriously considering buying one. I have wanted to build one for a while.

Comment

Novak Brushless Motor

12,000mah Maxamps Lipo Battery

Even with cheapo 3300 packs and a 27 turn motor, you can get run times of almost 45 minutes. Also depends on how heavy your foot is on the gas. Smaller tracks and surfaces like convention floor concrete.
                  Last edited by airborneranger; 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Novak has a excellent products and the best customer service. They're in irvine too like Yokomo and 95% of the rc companies. www.teamnovak.com

The novak brushless systems are an awesome upgrade because you get more rpm's, torque and efficiency. Which is like force feeding your car and getting 60mpg afterwards. Really one of the best upgrades for a car. Best of there is almost no maintenance.

Comment

is arai still used as a garage?? because it looked like it wasnt LOL this vid makes me want to get back into RC drifting

Comment

whoa the smoke is tyte

Comment

eeeeeeeek this makes it so tempting to get one!

cool video

Comment

Working...
                          X