D1GP 2008 Round #1 (PHOTOS) Ebisua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP 2008 Round #1 (PHOTOS) Ebisua

Literally inches away hitting around 122KPH on the radar gun at times.

Will get the rest up once they have been processed and I get some more time. Awesome weekend is all I can say and the Japanese are very interested in the EDC.
    Last edited by Autospecs; 04-05-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Yashio Factory S15 hits the wall hard

Kazuyoshi Okamura S15 vs Kuniaki Takahashi JZX100

But he seemed to enjoy it

Results
      1st Kawabata
      2nd Nomura
      3rd Tanaka

Comment

Nice pics!! Glad to see some positive D1 updates. This is usually FD country around here..Full of D1 haters. People tend to forget their roots . Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Wow looks like the really modernized the track alot, looks very nice and also looks like they repaved it too

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
            Nice pics!! Glad to see some positive D1 updates. This is usually FD country around here..Full of D1 haters. People tend to forget their roots . Thanks for the pics!
            I'm no D1 hater, been involved with D1 since they first came to the US...but D1 is by no means anyone's "roots." While D1 may be responsible for the drifiting boom outside Japan, alot has changed since things got "big."

The problem with D1 is it's become, or rather has been for sometime, somewhat of a WWF of motorsports. Combine that with the drivers who butted heads with Tsuchiya and are no longer in D1...and well...look at all the D1 drivers in FD for 2008...including my man Takatori. Hell, Autobacs is a huge sponsor for D1 and Takatori is on the cover of the D1GP 2008 calender BUT here we are in FD for 2008. You don't need anyone's opinion to see the trend either....That being said, all the guys participating in D1 work their arses off to get there and while I still love the pics/videos/events/etc, I can't take the series seriously anymore after what I've seen go down in the past few months.

Anyways, I 'm not here to talk smack on anyone/series/etc. As I always say, if it's got anything to do with 4 wheels and an engine, I'm all for it.

Comment

Nice words from someone in "Japan" but to SOME of us in the US D1 was our first exposure to the sport.....So thanks for your "COOL" JDM insider info
              Last edited by stedriftward; 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sa-drift.com View Post
                I'm no D1 hater, been involved with D1 since they first came to the US...but D1 is by no means anyone's "roots." While D1 may be responsible for the drifiting boom outside Japan, alot has changed since things got "big."

The problem with D1 is it's become, or rather has been for sometime, somewhat of a WWF of motorsports. Combine that with the drivers who butted heads with Tsuchiya and are no longer in D1...and well...look at all the D1 drivers in FD for 2008...including my man Takatori. Hell, Autobacs is a huge sponsor for D1 and Takatori is on the cover of the D1GP 2008 calender BUT here we are in FD for 2008. You don't need anyone's opinion to see the trend either....That being said, all the guys participating in D1 work their arses off to get there and while I still love the pics/videos/events/etc, I can't take the series seriously anymore after what I've seen go down in the past few months.

Anyways, I 'm not here to talk smack on anyone/series/etc. As I always say, if it's got anything to do with 4 wheels and an engine, I'm all for it.
                Give us more dirt!!!!

I seriously want to hear more, we've all heard the same statement. But dont know the actual stories that go behind it.

Comment

the track doesn't look that much different. i think the only difference is the little dirt hills, i think those were grass before. from the pics, the action looks intense! kumakubo owns this track right??

Comment

I can tell the difference, the track usto be a lot tighter. They added some more pavement it seems.

Comment

Greaaaat Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
                        Nice words from someone in "Japan" but to SOME of us in the US D1 was our first exposure to the sport.....So thanks for your "COOL" JDM insider info
                        Since when did I make a point about being in Japan or insider info....everything I said is plain as day to anyone who has followed D1.

Like I said in my post, D1 made drifting big outside Japan, no doubt about it...but calling it "roots" is a bit much. No company/series is the "roots" of drifting. I still love watching D1 and going to D1 events, just saying how it sucks that business/politics is ruining the series but such is life.

Comment

I'm like this Crown
                          Last edited by en6381; 04-06-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

you don't see these drifting too often

Comment

I guess "MY" first exposure to drifting via a D1 video doesn't classify it as being "MY" roots......I guess "MY" roots being a video from a series isn't "COOL" enough or carry as much weight as other peoples initial encounter with the sport. That's B.S. not every one has the same background buddy. Thanks for flexing your almighty "WORDS" on this forum. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X