One Last Time ... The Final Round at the Rosebowl -Official Photos-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Last Time ... The Final Round at the Rosebowl -Official Photos-

On Monday May 5th 2008, Tipperary International Speedway had to close its doors to drifting for the last time. Rosegreen has been the home of Irish drifting and has been attributed by many as the reason why Irish drivers learn so quickly, due to its 'drift or wall' setting. Having photographed there since the first ever round of an Irish drifting series back in 2003, it was an emotional day knowing that we will never see the likes of Ffrench rubbing the wall at over 80mph again, sideways.

So here they are, the last ever shots from the Rosebowl, enjoy.

Comment

Dope fotos.

Comment

damn. I miss it already!

Comment

Those are some insane pics, fantastic job!

Comment

Does anyone happen to know, who is driving the red white and blue m3?????
            I would appreciate the name,and possible specs of the car.Thank you,and also supperb pix!!!

Comment

why did they close the door for drifting??

Comment

Pic 43...those tires on D. Mac's car sure don't look like Falkens....they look like Hankook's to me...

Dope pics.

Comment

Originally posted by captainNEO View Post
                  Pic 43...those tires on D. Mac's car sure don't look like Falkens....they look like Hankook's to me...

Dope pics.
                  He can't run Falken tires in the Irish series as all competitors must run E-Marked tires. He does however still run them for the European Series.

Does anyone happen to know, who is driving the red white and blue m3?????
                  I would appreciate the name,and possible specs of the car.Thank you,and also supperb pix!!!
                  Michael O'Loughlin, AFAIK, its an E30 running an E30 M3 engine but not an original E30 M3, I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain thats it. Will try find out more for you.

why did they close the door for drifting??
                  A High Court ruling here decided that the track could only be used for its original intended purposes as set out in its planning permission from the 1980's, go karting and hot rods, but even these have been restricted to such an amount that it will probably be financially unviable to continue.

This leaves Ireland with very little selection as to where to go drifting wise. We do know for certain tho, that there will never be another track like the Rosebowl ....

Comment

So you say that the track was built for karting and rods, but those aren't even permitted anymore???? How does the track owners expect it to stay open? If it was up to me, or anyone else on this message board i would only have the rosebowl open for drifters....we will bring in the most income if thats what there in search for........and PADDY if you could pm me some info or even a web-site with info on this guy an his m3 i would really appreciate it. Im drifting in an e30 at the moment and im trying to figure out a suspension set-up.......oh yuh an im thinking s52 obd1 swap.......thank you ahead of time.....and good luck on finding
                    a "new" rosebowl

Comment

The situation was a little similar to the Altamont situation. A few neighbors complained, the court reviewed the case and found that the owner of the track didn't have the right permits and hadn't been running things by the book, so they got punished. They're only allowed to run motorsports a certain number of days out of the year, and only certain types of motorsports (and drifting wasn't one of them). Much of it was the fault of the track owners for not getting the right permits.

It's really a bad situation

Comment

Wow that suks......I was actually living in nor-cal when altamont got shut down (stockton). Man we need some big time motor sport enthusiast's to get together
                        an probably put together some sort off drifting legal firm you know...it wouldn't hurt at least.....i see a lot of legal stuff coming to the sport in the coming years.
                        I hope the guys over in Ireland find a nice similar place to the rosebowl.

Comment

Working...
                        X