FORMULA DRIFT IRWINDALE 2008 (Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA DRIFT IRWINDALE 2008 (Photos)

We have uploaded and added more pics from our post earlier in the day. With 190+ pictures and more to be added in the day. Enjoy this gallery of Formula Drift: Finals Pits/Practice and Un-Seeded Qualifying session. Click here for the Gallery...

I can't believe people made such a stink about the SA R34 when you go ahead and look at photos of that Sears car.

Jesus Christ. Is that even a "car" anymore?

unreal.

Comment

Grab a rule book and show someone at FD a rule the Sky breaks........Good Luck. The reason there was stink about the R34 was because they heavily modified the front of the Unibody. It's not anyone''s fault but there own that they chose a shitty car to try and drift. Maybe teams should consider a chassis and it's strengths and weaknesses before making a decision to try to build a competitive drift car out of it. Does that mean Rhys, Darren, Ryan, should be penalized for picking cars that lend themselves to the sport. I think it's pretty *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing smart! Why not set yourself up for success?

I am sick and tired of hearing everyone complaining about the Solstice/Sky yet no one can find anything wrong with it.

It is the prime example of a builder reading the rule book, understanding what is allowed and building a car to be what they believe will be competitive.

The Sky has yet to be consistently competitive but I feel it has a lot of potential and it looks sick. Sure, it's not traditional "cookie cutter" S chassis style, but I commend them for pushing the envelope. Besides that, the car is still in it's development year and I think it's had what, like 4 or 5 top 16 finishes?

Take notes Mr. negative. Because whether you like it or not, there's money to be made in Professional drifting and wheres there money there are people that are trying to get it. The cars will continue to evolve. If you don't like it continue your "drifting is dead" campaign, but spare the rest of us who enjoy watching the sport evolve and the engineering of the cars rival that of other autosports series.

Keep the negativity on ZipTied where it belongs.........K!

Comment

right

In one corner, we have a car that appears to be made totally out of tubes with some frp (maybe?) bumpers and body panels. This is totally fine.

In the other corner we have a car that changed the front suspension to the same kind most of the other cars run. This is 100% illegal.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm the ONLY one who thinks this seems a bit weird.

I really don't care to read a Formula D rule book. No thanks. I'd rather have FUN drifting. I'll just enjoy the money I have made from it already.

I'm not on Ziptied, but thanks for throwing it out there.

Who are you anyways?

p.s. I can only assume the SA team with the R34 is still higher placed than the Sky?
        Last edited by Brian; 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
          Grab a rule book and show someone at FD a rule the Sky breaks........Good Luck. The reason there was stink about the R34 was because they heavily modified the front of the Unibody. It's not anyone''s fault but there own that they chose a shitty car to try and drift. Maybe teams should consider a chassis and it's strengths and weaknesses before making a decision to try to build a competitive drift car out of it. Does that mean Rhys, Darren, Ryan, should be penalized for picking cars that lend themselves to the sport. I think it's pretty *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing smart! Why not set yourself up for success?

I am sick and tired of hearing everyone complaining about the Solstice/Sky yet no one can find anything wrong with it.

It is the prime example of a builder reading the rule book, understanding what is allowed and building a car to be what they believe will be competitive.

The Sky has yet to be consistently competitive but I feel it has a lot of potential and it looks sick. Sure, it's not traditional "cookie cutter" S chassis style, but I commend them for pushing the envelope. Besides that, the car is still in it's development year and I think it's had what, like 4 or 5 top 16 finishes?

Take notes Mr. negative. Because whether you like it or not, there's money to be made in Professional drifting and wheres there money there are people that are trying to get it. The cars will continue to evolve. If you don't like it continue your "drifting is dead" campaign, but spare the rest of us who enjoy watching the sport evolve and the engineering of the cars rival that of other autosports series.

Keep the negativity on ZipTied where it belongs.........K!

Is saturn in any other country?

so if its not why is it right hand drive? Thats firewall modifacation to me, but who knows right? No one knows and that's the problem!

Comment

I believe the saturn sky is called an opel in EU

Comment

The Saturn is available as an Opel in other parts of the world. However, it isn't currently available in RHD anywhere. If you think firewall modification is not allowed in FD you better brush up on the rules before assuming. The only mod made for the RHD conversion on the Sky to the firewall appears to be a 2" hole for the steering shaft to enter the engine area. Pretty sure that's not considered a modification as many competitors drill holes in the firewall for various reasons.

Comment

excuse me, 110 guy.

Who are you?

I'm just curious.

Comment

lmao!!

here we go again,

brian basicly summed it all up

Comment

Hey Blaze, do you want me to let you in on a little somethin somethin?

The SA 34 now gets MORE angle than before.
                    Don't tell the other guys though, they might make a stink again.

DRIFT!!!!!

And and extra diddle daddle just for you

Changing a car from Left hand Drive to Right hand drive takes a lot more than a simple 2 inch hole being cut.

Shhhh don't let the cat out of the bag though!!!

Splash Mountain!!!

Comment

who cares though the season is over, no more speculation lets just let it be okay?

and no its not just a 2inch hole in the firewall, a new rack, power steering lines, a master cylinder hole, brake lines, clutch master and lines, but its cool i love d-mac hes a nice guy so no direspect to anyone, they were pre-approved im sure so its cool.

Comment

As usual, you guys are all out in left field making assumptions. So a 2" inch hole, 3 3/8 holes, and a few small holes to mount things constitutes a breach of the firewall rule? You guys should read the rules before you make yourselves look ignorant. Oops, you already did.

I guess you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Yea......right......apparently you really weren't there Brian. The SA car definitely does not make more angle.

Haha....I can't wait until you see JR's new ride and the car the NuFormz team is about to release at SEMA. You'll forget all about D-mac's firewall. P.S. They are smart and have been preapproved and inspected prior to final build.

Quit whining and enjoy FD for what it is. If you don't enjoy it, keep your negativity to yourself.

I'm done here. Have fun "summing it up" again for all your fanboys BH.

Comment

Drifting racecars is not cool.

Drifting is not racing.

...rulebook...

Drift Racing for the Win!!!

Comment

Let me guess, You are in the "industry" and don't want to show your real identity. lol.

I didn't say anything about the firewall being illegal. I simply said it was MORE than just cutting a 2 inch hole. Stop assuming things and chill out a bit Nobody here is attacking you. Stay calm.

Actually I was there and I stand by what I said. If you don't believe it, fine by me.

Well, I am fine with having "fanboys" I believe I speak for a lot of people who choose to remain silent.

I can't wait for somebody to take a go-kart and put a Dodge Caravan body on it. I hope that is the next big thing.

Comment

Yea......right......apparently you really weren't there Brian. The SA car definitely does not make more angle.
                              sorry...your wrong...we make more angle with the oem suspension than with the C34 suspension...we did however have to add stoppers in the arms to keep from binding up..but we do get more angle...sorry

The reason there was stink about the R34 was because they heavily modified the front of the Unibody. It's not anyone''s fault but there own that they chose a shitty car to try and drift. Maybe teams should consider a chassis and it's strengths and weaknesses before making a decision to try to build a competitive drift car out of it. Does that mean Rhys, Darren, Ryan, should be penalized for picking cars that lend themselves to the sport.
                              ummm...the r34 sucks and is a shitty car to drift??? yet..we finished top ten for the year in 7th place..just a few points behind 5th and 6th...maybe its not the car you should be talking about...because the car is amazing...while about 98% of the teams have ran into tremendeous amounts of problems..we havent had a single mechanical issues with our car
                              Last edited by deadpirate; 10-13-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X