GITTIN ON FIRE Really!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GITTIN ON FIRE Really!!!!

is the falken girl running for help or just getting out of the car normally?

Comment

I wonder how many people got this shot? I shot by accident and didn't know what was going on until the fire truck showed up, blocked the veiw and the smoke began to billow.

Comment

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

i didnt even know this was going on...i never saw a fire truck???

im so confused

Comment

JR's car had an engine fire during the driver intro. He ran out and tried to grab a fire extinguisher from Forsberg's car and then McQuarrie, but neither had an extinguisher handy. I didn't see who they got the extinguisher from, but it was someone "up the hill" so to speak. Because of all the excitement and burnouts from the intros, it was hard to tell that JR was jumping up and down to try and alert the fire crew to a fire instead of just trying to pump the car up.

It was a scary moment, that's for sure. Luckily, he was still able to run.

I heard it had something to do with a sender unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            JR's car had an engine fire during the driver intro. He ran out and tried to grab a fire extinguisher from Forsberg's car and then McQuarrie, but neither had an extinguisher handy. I didn't see who they got the extinguisher from, but it was someone "up the hill" so to speak. Because of all the excitement and burnouts from the intros, it was hard to tell that JR was jumping up and down to try and alert the fire crew to a fire instead of just trying to pump the car up.

It was a scary moment, that's for sure. Luckily, he was still able to run.

I heard it had something to do with a sender unit.
            I know it may have seemed that way but...

JR did not grab his fire extinguisher from his car because the fire was on the inside, so he got out of the car just like anyone should. I heard people yelling FIRE FIRE so I grabbed my fire extinguisher and gave it to JR. It all happened in a matter of seconds, but the fire crew did come, but JR was able to get to it first.
            www.chrisforsberg.com
            www.driftalliance.com
            www.nosdrift.com
            www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

yeah I saw it happen, JR seemed pretty calm about it

Comment

He didn't have an extinguisher in his car? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                  He didn't have an extinguisher in his car? I'm confused.
                  A few of the cars have on-board fire systems with permanently mounted extinguisher bottles and hard lines plumbed to the engine bay and to the driver. I haven't had a chance to have a look at JR's car, but seeing that it's brand new and it's a top notch build...it should have a built-in system.

If it is one of these systems in JR's car, you can't take the extinguisher bottle out and use it like normal. You'd have to pull the switch and let it do its thing...which, for a small fire, isn't gonna be worth the consequences of wasting a firebottle on.

Comment

Comment

Cool pictures of it
                      lol, that girl rushing out of tylers car like it's going to blow up

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        So! My picture's cooler.

Comment

poor vaughn

Comment

damn sender unit..back in the day (1994 or 95) we almost burned my brother's '94 turbo teg to the ground, but thanks to my "ricer" extinguisher we where able to save the car. Good to hear everyone came out of it alright. JR if you are reading this ask Ahad (from Autometer) next time to talk to him..at least we can laugh about it now.

Comment

Working...
                            X