(PREVIEW VIDEO): D1 Grand Prix Chicago August 1st 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PREVIEW VIDEO): D1 Grand Prix Chicago August 1st 2009

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTbQvV-Ap0Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTbQvV-Ap0Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Quoc's car flips at .36

thankfully he is ok

Comment

Good thing QUOC is okay after that flip....What happened?

Comment

Sorry to see Quoc flip his car. The real question is where the heck is the fire safety crew???? All i see is what seems to be course workers and photographers around the car after the wreck.

Comment

looks like they didn't try to immobilize him either. If he had a neck injury, they could have paralyzed him!!!!!

water barrier + concrete barrier = jump ramp. Didn't anyone learn anything from NOPI?!

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
            looks like they didn't try to immobilize him either. If he had a neck injury, they could have paralyzed him!!!!!

water barrier + concrete barrier = jump ramp. Didn't anyone learn anything from NOPI?!
            This is EXACTLY what I've been saying. I'm glad Quoc is ok, but what's going on with the safety crew there?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Herron View Post
              This is EXACTLY what I've been saying. I'm glad Quoc is ok, but what's going on with the safety crew there?
              What safety crew? It looks like fans stopped to help him out of the car. Cause they are wearing shorts, what if the car caught fire? D1 I hope these are growing pains cause I would not want to compete in a series that causes so much drama and is very unprofessional. WOW I miss the OLD D1

Comment

Yeah it seriously looks like nopi got a few J drivers running in their series, seems exactly the same but with even more drama somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
                  Yeah it seriously looks like nopi got a few J drivers running in their series, seems exactly the same but with even more drama somehow
                  that's exactly what is happening. I'm surprised D1 is letting them use their name. Lets see what happens after this event with all the Japanese drivers

Comment

I didnt see a single safety crew member all weekend. 1 lady standing by the ambo for a while but that was it. This was a joke, but I guess thats what they get for doing it in a lame parking lot. Maybe they should stick with race tracks in the future, hire people who know what they are doing and get someone else on the mic, that guy was a d-bag!

Comment

D1 is one accident away from putting the entire drifting industry out of business. The venues should make it mandatory to have "real" emergency services on site.

FD in Long Beach has an entire Long Beach Fire Department crew watching and waiting for something to happen.

Comment

They had paremedics and an emergency vehicle.

Comment

That was really scary...I think Taka Aono also flipped his car a couple of years back.
                          Much props to those two guys for quickly coming to help out.

Comment

Hey guys,

That flip was something. I'm a little sore but over all, I'm ok.

I though the gas tank was leaking so I was already crawling out when Ali got to the car. Fire and Rescue was there seconds later to check me out.

-Quoc

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey View Post
                              They had paremedics and an emergency vehicle.
                              In general, they need to make the venue more safe for the drivers and the others involved. In Anaheim and Florida, the photographers and camera guys were out in the infield with no protective barrier around them.

One major incident and it's "game over" for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X