X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say it off sets some of the tacky stuff they sale.. well in my book

Comment

Hi driftxtreme:

Thanks for not flaming me. Pure Drifting is pretty much mostly in the realm of grassroots US drifting scene although we did interview Orido and Hayashida for the DVD.

I have tried to keep up with who is who in D1 and in the Japanese scene and I did know that APC was sponsoring Team Orange/Drift Xtreme, I just didn't know about their reputation from before drifting was popular here.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dan

Comment

yeah..go pure drifting!! they're awesome people and its a good dvd very informative

(this is lucy from dp btw)..were you the guy at the booth at d1?

Comment

Hi Lucy from DP:

Yep, that was me. Glad you guys dig the DVD. Did you get to see a lot of the action at D1? You guys looked busy!

Talk to you soon!

D

Comment

If it werent for them sponsoring a drift team everyone would think they are the riciest company around. In fact I bet them sponosring a drift car has made some of the other drifters on these forums a little po'd

Comment

Thanks for the info Nitroboy. How else are you going to learn but ask?

Best,

Dan

Comment

Car Destruction D1 Style!

Hi all:

I was just weeding through my D1 pix and I thought you might find these interesting. Lot of drivers said hello to the wall at Irwindale...
                Attached Files

Comment

S'more
                  Attached Files

Comment

S'more, S'more...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Poor S13

Comment

uchi's car!!! *cries* its okay uchi!! *sniffle*

Comment

at least there alive. They can rebuild, they have the technology. They can make them stronger, faster, and with more stickers!?!?!

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen as many cracked up cars in one place. The Irwindale course was supposedly the highest speed D1 course yet, they did come in really fast off of the back oval. Everytime I saw them go by me, it seemed like they were all going to crash into the wall, then they would pull it out at the last possible second. It was truly amazing to see close up, in your face. I have so much repsect for all of the top drivers that day, Japanese and American.

The top drivers were absolutely amazing, the speed, angles and how close they were repeatedly coming to the wall, and each other in the tandems, etc.

Imagine if drifting grows like most other sports where the bar is continually raised over the years. NASCAR speed drifting in groups of 8 - 10? I guess it's possible, someday. It boggles the mind at how far Drifting could be taken as the skills keep building up.

Dan

Comment

Yeah Irwindale is probably the fastest D1 event because Irwindale is pretty much a huge oval. Not really much you can do with that ... I prefer a roadcourse with many different types of turns (I think its just more fun). About the Hawaii thing, I think you guys should have included the Drift Session as well. Shimos has done alot of 'firsts' at the drift session. If you goto his website and look on the right side a few blocks down "Drift Session Firsts" will list a few. To add a few, Drift Session had the first Japan ranked female driver to ever drift in the US. Drift Session also had the first US domestic cars to ever compete in a US comp. I definately think he should be mentioned if you are trying to recount the history of drifting in the US. But if thats not your goal, then no biggie. Like you said, alot of other media companies have covered the drift session, and a couple of guys are working together to make another DVD right now focusing on our local drivers. So anyone who wants to check out whats going on over here should have access to the info.
                              Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 03-10-2004, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Hi Crazy:

For those of you who may not have seen Pure Drifting yet, it's not really a definitive history of drifting, it's more a story about how the drifting scene was here (SoCal) in 2003.

We would love to come to Hawaii annd shoot sometime but it really wasn't in the cards for Pure Drifting, lack of time, budget, etc. Much respect for the drifters in Hawaii though, from what I have seen, you guys have some major talent over there.

Irwindale seemed to be kind of a WWE version of drifting, personally, I like seeing drifting on a road race circuit like they have in Japan, it's a lot more fun to see the tandem go from corner to corner throughout the whole circuit. But Irwindale was definitely exciting, but it was more like off the back oval fast, the big sweeper in front of the judges, a hairpin and bam, that was it, over. Too short IMHO and not a chance for the drifters to really work through a whole course.

Just my .02 worth, probably not even worth that since I am a drift fan, not a drifter.

Best,

Dan

www.puredrifting.com

Comment

Working...
                                X