the WRONG way to touge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the WRONG way to touge

here's a video clip of someone from my subaru forum who went out with 4 people in his car to G to the M to the R. he's clipping apex's, driving with one hand at noon, erratic movement, on a sunday. just the WRONG way to do it people. learn from this guy's wrecklessness.

http://users.adelphia.net/~j-lopez/ebay/urbanrally.wmv

-_-;; I thought he was going to crash, he didn't look very ...reliable, and yeah..The one hand thing was retarded.

Comment

oh man is that guy an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

I don't see that he did all that much bad. Except for having 4 computer nerds in the car with him and leaving his lane towards the end of the video, he did pretty well. He had both hands on the wheel if you watch the video. Left had was at 10:30 and the right one was at 5:30. Weird hand positioning granted but they were there. Well the TV too. I guess the nerds needed entertainment. But other than that, he did pretty well. He rarely left his lane, wasn't ALL over the road like others I have seen and he slowed down when other cars came by, especially that one at the end. Also never went over the cars limits. Plus seemed he was at least smart enough to do it at night when traffic was light.

I have seen a WHOLE lot more dangerous drivers than that.

Comment

i'm sorry... but that video SUCKED....

*yawn*

handbrake? all it did was make the tires squeel... I didn't see a single moment where the car actually went sideways

Comment

hey ppl, that road is nice. soo windy i wish i had somewhere like that to drift. from where i'm from there are no windy road, all strait. is suks.

Comment

thats glendora mountain road... import tuner just did an article on people doing the touge thing there... you should go read it :P

Comment

That guy did OK, not too bad, his lines were ok but his passengers need to grow up, also having the DVD goin is bad distracion when u have a mt face on ur right and a 200+ ft drop to ur left. I don't think he pushed it hard at all, there was a few that he understeered pretty bad due to bad lines. His boost gauge wasn't moving that much, he was using the weight of the car and it's momentum to clear the turns. I won't drive up there knowing theres some nebies up there that drives like that.

Comment

He was being pretty careful grip driving. For the most part, he was pretty gentle about it. He barely pushed his car at all. There were only a couple corners where he was really squeeling tires. At no point did I see any potential for a crash. I just don't like night driving like that, limited sight especically being that curvy. Headlights just don't cut it.

I don't care about the lines he was taking. He wasn't try to do anything specific, just driving around. Cutting apexes, bad lines...eh, he wasn't try to drive it like a race course. He seemed very "normal" to me in the manner that he drove at least for the type of driving he was doing.

I have to agree about his passangers though. They don't sound "mature" at all.

What car was that anyways?

Comment

It was a wrx! That clip was sooo boring and I was waiting for a crash, but he seemed like a normal person except the freaks laughing in the back.....

Comment

I had to fast forward through the thing *bleh*

Comment

What a waste of bandwidth.

Comment

This car fell out of the powerband one too many times,heel-toe downshift was needed on some of the turns.Sounded like the guy was having a party in his car,those passengers are classic examples of distractions.Should have taken one more person besides himself at most.

Comment

This wasn't meant for your entertainment guys. This is to show that places like the1337pwn49394m3R aren't meant for your personal Initial D style entertainment.

Save it for 2-4AM, and after you've had some seat time at a track or at least a parking lot please.

Comment

Was it me or were that cluching most of the way down?
                              Maybe its just the camra but that didnt look to fast...

Comment

Working...
                              X