No announcement yet.

the WRONG way to touge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't. Listen to how many times he actually gets some heavy tire squeel, very little. He wasn't going for speed, more like impress some friends with a couple g's around some corners.

I'm curious the exact nature of the post "the WRONG way to touge." It's not drifting. It's also not hard driving. Speed and proper lines were not of his concern. Is this what was meant?

Comment

I have to go with Ghost on this one. The kid wasn't getting nuts and he obviously wasn't trying to. Sure he wasn't setting any speed records or getting the back way out, but then as I said...was he trying to? Coilover, there's no reason for you to try and clown the kid for having some fun yet clearly staying within both his own limits and the limits of the car. By the way, "Touge" is a noun, not a verb.

Comment

you sure that aint a wrx sti? the reason i ask is because 1 intstumant cluster is red, 2 i believe it has the dccd thingy in the insturment cluster which happens to be set so that most of the power is distributed tot he rear (10%f i believe and 90%rear), 3 the tach is in the middle of the insturmant cluster. any way that person is a poor excuse for a driver! car was rarely in the power band, bad driver awarness, and not know the limits of their own car! you can tell all these things by watching them take way to much speed into the corners and not shifting the weight of the car. my guess is they were so used to playing gran turismo and no taking the corners wide and cutting in they just rather crash into the walls. well in real life if you do that youre gonna get body damage.

DUMBASSES. i got a feeling that the dude that bought my wrx is doing the same thing .

ryan

Comment

in my mind...( i never touge...just started to get into it ) ....you get pretty f'n scared going down that mtn.... to me if i wanted to do the touge downhill and push myself i would have to know the whole road meaning every corner...plus the fact you never know when sh*t is gonna happen cus when i was on the touge some lady was crossing the road and she wasnt lookn soo i slammed on the brakes.... and the fact that he stayed on his side is safe since his *Censored**Censored**Censored* incountered like 3 cars....yeah he sucks... yeah hes stupid but whats even funnier is that whos dumb enough to race down it ( cough us cough)..... ahah i gotta give him props though when he used the e-brake on the corner cus i dont have the balls to do it even though i doubt he knows what happens when u pull it...... either way we are all stupid....the thing that seperates us from "them" is complete skillz....he sucks and thats what matters lolz

Comment

Re: the WRONG way to touge

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
            here's a video clip of someone from my subaru forum who went out with 4 people in his car to G to the M to the R. he's clipping apex's, driving with one hand at noon, erratic movement, on a sunday. just the WRONG way to do it people. learn from this guy's wrecklessness.

http://users.adelphia.net/~j-lopez/ebay/urbanrally.wmv
            Dunno, looked like he was going super slow to me...

Comment

that was rather boring i would have to agree...he never really attacked any of the corners, just coasted most of the time it sounds like to me.....and if he wasnt trying to run fast or anything, then why would he have posted it on the other forum that coilover was talking about? im not bashing, just saying that it was too long for its own good........

Comment

to steve

touge runs, wether for speed or just to have a nice drive are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the Auto i know.. but have you done the auto mod yet to make it shift harder? i just did it, i havent taken it up a moutain yet, but i can tell it will probably be alittle better. best of all the mod is super easy and completely reversable, im wiring up a toggle switch in a few days so i can go from sport to comfort mod, incase i have to drive granda or something.. that and i think it will be a cool project.

Comment

Just sounds like a dumbass with some friends to impress. It reminds me of high school actually. I have to agree that he wasn't pushing it at all, but trying to kick in some G's for his friends. We shouldn't lead to conclusions though given that he did have a pretty full load of people. I for sure know that I wouldn't even plan on attacking a touge road like that with a load of people. There is too much of a significance with additional weight and I wouldn't trust my decisions given that I would be used to my car with only my weight or maybe an additional passenger. That fool was having a Massive party in there...

Comment

Originally posted by MongolDrifter
                    hey ppl, that road is nice. soo windy i wish i had somewhere like that to drift. from where i'm from there are no windy road, all strait. is suks.
                    Same way here, not a curvy road in sight

Comment

Well i live in CO and i go up to FS i dont wanna post the whole name but if u live here u porbly know it to almost every turn is a blind one which dosnt make it fun untell u know the road because u kinda know where to let off i can explain u i think u guyz know what i mean. I was driving my brotherz integra ,ya ya ya not really a drift car right?, but if i go in to fast so the understeer was taking over and so i pulled the hand break to get the back out and finish the turn without hitting the the rock face and at the end of the night i was more or less able to control a FF drift, well i mean if u can call it a drift but i never see anyone there well i mean somone like me

Comment

What where all the passengers giggling about.

"HUhuhuhuhu, were in a WRX driving down a mountain HUHUHUHUHU, I must be stoned I cant stop laughing."

and I thought the DVD was a bad idea unless it was option or intitial D or Drift bible.

Comment

touge?

Just another typical rich kid with his new toy car that he got from his parents. First off, if he had been going faster, he would have been stupid for putting his friends in danger, but then again, he was crossing the center line and having massive understeer anyway, so perhaps he should have practiced his technique a little more before recording it. Second of all, he shouldn't have had so many people in the car if he wanted to make an "impressive" run. I counted at least two other people in the car, another guy and a girl. This just shows how some people want to "make their impression" on the scene and try to get us to commend them for trying, but try to hard to be good without seat time and become stereotyped because of it.

Comment

zzzzzzzz I made the mistake of not reading the 2nd post cause I didn't want to know when/how he crashed. That was so lame, I don't know why'd you'd even take a video of it, let alone giggle the whole time...

Comment

Wow, that really sucked. My mother drives faster than that.

Comment

That was disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X